Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Hayes was traded for a 6th last year while coming off a better year, and Dubas has explicitly said that this team would be a team that would take on bad deals to get assets back.

There is no reason to think they're paying positive value for Hayes right now.
He also said he was trying to acquire young hungry players while just trading for a 32 year old…. I’m sorry if I don’t believe a damn word coming out of his mouth at the moment

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
If there’s picks involved, it’s what rebuilding teams do. We’ll be doing this while stock piling picks for the next several years.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Unrelated but I'm sad I didn't end up getting to go to this, the visuals look terrific inside of the sphere. They could keep the draft here every year and I'd support it.
That does suck. The Sphere is definitely a bucket list item for me at this point so the fact that Spirit screwed you out of the chance to be there is pretty shitty

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don’t believe he’s getting paid to take him on. I think it’s going to be something like Acciari+ for Hayes or Smith for Hayes straight up

Again, if Hayes was traded for a 6th last off-season while coming off a better year, how does Hayes have more value now?

If Dubas did that, he's an absolute moron. I just don't see a reason to think he did. The worst case scenario to me seems to be Acciari for Hayes straight up.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Again, if Hayes was traded for a 6th last off-season while coming off a better year, how does Hayes have more value now?

If Dubas did that, he's an absolute moron. I just don't see a reason to think he did. The worst case scenario to me seems to be Acciari for Hayes straight up.
Philly ate half his salary.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
It's almost like getting paid to take on Hayes is literally the definition of "acquiring young players and prospects".
Since he would be coming from SL I doubt they are paying us to take him. It's most likely they found the biggest clown show of an front office to take the older, more expensive player. SL isn't in the position to be paying other teams in futures to take on player with just 2 years left. I say they found themselves some bigger idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad