Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hayes has 2 years left on his deal at about $3.6 million, my feeling is that St. Louis is adding something to send him to Pittsburgh. Or at least I really hope so :laugh:

I think that's the only thing that saves this. Hayes is pretty bad. I mean he's always been pretty mediocre but I legit don't see anything he brings that helps this team aside from Sully/Quinn/FSG's Boston-centric worldview.

I don't see how anyone who wants the team to start moving towards a younger, hungrier roster could like this. Unless literally all our junk is heading their way and a pick on top of Hayes is heading ours.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Can't wait to see some shit like Poulin and a 2nd going the other way for Hayes.

We better have dumped something like Smith or Rakell, or gotten a sweetener back, man.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Hayes is another Eller caliber 3C/4C, so he's not a "terrible" player. But with his contract left, I really don't see any reason to think the Penguins are taking him on without getting something back or sending out some money on their side.

If Mikheyev is costing a 2nd to get out of, I imagine the Penguins are getting something like a 3rd to take Hayes.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Brisbois deserves credit for moving on from his bad moves fast but literally nobody forced him to trade that for Jeannot or sign Sergachev for that much

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Pretty sweet if our first deal is one where we manage to get older and slower

Good job Kindergarten!
IMG_9994.jpeg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think that's the only thing that saves this. Hayes is pretty bad. I mean he's always been pretty mediocre but I legit don't see anything he brings that helps this team aside from Sully/Quinn/FSG's Boston-centric worldview.

I don't see how anyone who wants the team to start moving towards a younger, hungrier roster could like this. Unless literally all our junk is heading their way and a pick on top of Hayes is heading ours.
It's okay to stay old for these next 2-3 years of pretending. The lower tier youth wasn't gonna save them during this time anyway.
They just need the old guys' contracts to expire after that, and be free to get serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay