Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I have hockey on from 4 - 10:30 most nights during the season.

I've had NHL package / ESPN + / Youtube.TV etc.

Also consistently watch the AHL when I can and regularly go to games out here.

Big hockey guy. Been to Pepsi Center multiple times.
That’s a lot. I watch games of interest on ESPN+ throughout the season but that’s like 7 until I’m ready to pass out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That’s a lot. I watch games of interest on ESPN+ throughout the season but that’s like 7 until I’m ready to pass out.

Well, I need an excuse to ignore my child and wife.

All I remember from Graves' time in Colorado was his egregious giveaway to seal their playoff fate the year before they won their most recent Cup. :laugh:

Ryan Graves was good in his time in Colorado because they were playing Patrick Nemeth over him.

Once they actually got NHL capable defensemen like Jack Johnson they could replace him.

Reactions: eXile3

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Well, I need an excuse to ignore my child and wife.

Ryan Graves was good in his time in Colorado because they were playing Patrick Nemeth over him.

Once they actually got NHL capable defensemen like Jack Johnson they could replace him.
I would pay to watch you trip on shrooms or acid after being on HF for a bit. You'd just see the faces of Sullivan, Dubas, Graves and Marino melting into and out of everything. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I would pay to watch you trip on shrooms or acid after being on HF for a bit. You'd just see the faces of Sullivan, Dubas, Graves and Marino melting into and out of everything. :laugh:

Last time I took acid I just watched Kid Rock's Woodstock 99 performance and chilled with a corgi.

Last thing I'm thinking about is the Penguins lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
It should always be about term and NMC. They limit flexibility much more than the actual cost of the player.

Jake at 8x8 with a NMC means he calls the shots for the 8 years. He could do the Carter retirement tour and suck for the latter half of it and there’s nothing you can do.

I still think the trade was bad and uncreative.

They could still buy him out for last few years unless NMC prevents that from happening.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I hope we at least pick some guys with high ceilings in the draft. Best we can hope for is subtractions from this roster, the days of significant additions are well in the rear view. Hell, they got the reigning Norris winner who scored over 100pts and tried to turn him into Paul Martin, to embarrassing effect. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I hope we at least pick some guys with high ceilings in the draft. Best we can hope for is subtractions from this roster, the days of significant additions are well in the rear view. Hell, they got the reigning Norris winner who scored over 100pts and tried to turn him into Paul Martin, to embarrassing effect. :laugh:

Dubas' philosophy at drafting is typically high skill, high ceiling guys.

Hasn't worked out a ton, but at least his methodology is sound.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Dubas' philosophy at drafting is typically high skill, high ceiling guys.

Hasn't worked out a ton, but at least his methodology is sound.
Nothing really matters until this team's raking in those top-5, top-3 picks, but it'd be nice to fall bass ackwards into another Guentzel-esque hidden gem.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I miss the Pittsburgh Penguins that just went hellbent for offense even if they weren't winning much with that philosophy. I wish they'd go back to that. Like a 90s Penguins throwback... they might not even make the playoffs but it's at least going to be fun watching them miss.

That's maybe the worst part about all this. I can take the losing. We all knew it was coming. It's the flaccid, safe, inflexible and utterly tedious way in which they go about it. Meanwhile you have guys putting up like 140+ points in this league and we're over here pounding each other on the back because Bryan Rust managed like 55 points. It's embarrassing.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I miss the Pittsburgh Penguins that just went hellbent for offense even if they weren't winning much with that philosophy. I wish they'd go back to that. Like a 90s Penguins throwback... they might not even make the playoffs but it's at least going to be fun watching them miss.

That's maybe the worst part about all this. I can take the losing. We all knew it was coming. It's the flaccid, safe, inflexible and utterly tedious way in which they go about it. Meanwhile you have guys putting up like 140+ points in this league and we're over here pounding each other on the back because Bryan Rust managed like 55 points. It's embarrassing.
Yeah, I've said it a ton in recent years but wins and losses don't matter to me anymore cuz this team's got zero f***ing shot at making a real run of things, so as long as they play fun hockey, I'm in. Lose all 82 games, I don't care, but lose 'em 8-7 each night as opposed to this lame, anemic shit we've been forced to watch because the coach's tiny squirrel brain defaulted to "play 'em to a draw, zero risks, zero creativity". Baaaaarf

Maybe they don't have the horses to play a fun game of hockey with any regularity anymore, but f*** it, at least take off the leash and let 'em do their thing. Most of the time the only entertainment this team has to offer anymore is the chaotic, embarrassingly hilarious ways they manage to collapse and blow leads. :laugh:

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Yeah, I've said it a ton in recent years but wins and losses don't matter to me anymore cuz this team's got zero f***ing shot at making a real run of things, so as long as they play fun hockey, I'm in. Lose all 82 games, I don't care, but lose 'em 8-7 each night as opposed to this lame, anemic shit we've been forced to watch because the coach's tiny squirrel brain defaulted to "play 'em to a draw, zero risks, zero creativity". Baaaaarf
Mike Sullivan hockey, baby!

FSG hockey, too, apparently.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Low event hockey and the adulation of "advanced statistics" by coaching and management has been an absolute chore to witness. Listening to some guy who should probably be unloading trucks somewhere tell me that they feel good about losing because some metric said they SHOULD have scored at least 2.3 more goals that game makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

This guy should be on our radar then

1719609091609.jpeg

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Low event hockey and the adulation of "advanced statistics" by coaching and management has been an absolute chore to witness. Listening to some guy who should probably be unloading trucks somewhere tell me that they feel good about losing because some metric said they SHOULD have scored at least 2.3 more goals that games makes me want to jump off a bridge.
Four lines that come at you in droves, forecheck the **** out of the defensive zone?

Nah, perimeter play that generates 40 low chance shots is the Pittsburgh way now.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad