Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
lol it's getting a little thick in here.

Not to take a dump in your punchbowl but "John Marino is the best defenseman in the NHL" isn't a terribly difficult take to sniff out and call horseshit.

Hey if you think about it... we have that stretch of Devils hockey to thank for Graves. Huzzah!

I've made this comment many times to explain how stupid our front office is.

They knew who John Marino was intimately and they didn't realize that Graves was elevated by him.

Dude better be signed on July 1st then lol.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think it's a bit silly to be seriously worried about Crosby not signing.

But it IS a little odd things have been this... subdued. I'm sure it'll get done, though.

meh if news came out they were trying to close a gap on numbers. Dreger, Bissonette and Servailli would crawl from their holes and start saying crosby was unhappy and going to colorado.

I have no problem with it being quiet

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
meh if news came out they were trying to close a gap on numbers. Dreger, Bissonette and Servailli would crawl from their holes and start saying crosby was unhappy and going to colorado.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it being quiet is by design for that reason and also because Sid is super private person as is.

Reactions: Ulf5

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Love Guentzel.

I would not give him eight years.

He's 29 and he's taken a beating. Odds are he's going to fall off considerably once he approaches 33, 34, 35.

It was never about the cap hit for me. It was all about the term, and that's why he had to move.
It should always be about term and NMC. They limit flexibility much more than the actual cost of the player.

Jake at 8x8 with a NMC means he calls the shots for the 8 years. He could do the Carter retirement tour and suck for the latter half of it and there’s nothing you can do.

I still think the trade was bad and uncreative.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It would be hilarious if Sid wanted to leave. I would laugh my ass off. :laugh:

-edit- I mean, he won't, of course. But for a guy who always thought exceptionally highly of Yzerman's game and his playing for one team to finally snap and be like "God, I just can't f***ing take this dogshit franchise anymore man, everyone's so f***ing dumb." and jet to Colorado or some place to chase one final Cup? That would be hilarious and entertaining as hell.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Love Guentzel.

I would not give him eight years.

He's 29 and he's taken a beating. Odds are he's going to fall off considerably once he approaches 33, 34, 35.

It was never about the cap hit for me. It was all about the term, and that's why he had to move.

Doubt it.

He has no natural skills. His entire game is predicated on his IQ.

Much like Joe Pavelski, he'll do fine.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It would be hilarious if Sid wanted to leave. I would laugh my ass off. :laugh:

-edit- I mean, he won't, of course. But for a guy who always thought exceptionally highly of Yzerman's game and his playing for one team to finally snap and be like "God, I just can't f***ing take this dogshit franchise anymore man, everyone's so f***ing dumb." and jet to Colorado or some place to chase one final Cup? That would be hilarious and entertaining as hell.

I mean... it would be a huge black mark on the franchise and a travesty.

...but considering what a huge creature of habit Sid is and how much he desires to be a one-team, big legacy kinda guy... it would sure speak volumes haha

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

...but considering what a huge creature of habit Sid is and how much he desires to be a one-team, big legacy kinda guy... it would sure speak volumes haha
I think travesty is pretty overdramatic, but we've talked about this kinda stuff before so whatever. The last part would be the hilarious part. Yohe couldn't even find a way to spin that in a positive light--but he'd for sure try. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I've made this comment many times to explain how stupid our front office is.

They knew who John Marino was intimately and they didn't realize that Graves was elevated by him.

Dude better be signed on July 1st then lol.
Marino is a secret agent. I didn't know he also played in Colorado.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Mario is still attached to the team, but he's hardly poking his nose into daily activities anymore. Hardly been to a game until the Jagr retirement.

It's mostly FSG/Dubas/Sully show now. Let the black marks pile up, this isn't a well run/oiled machine anymore.

Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

Three absolute twats for hockey info and Bis is just a piece of shit all around. It's sad anyone takes them as actual sources of info.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Mario is still attached to the team, but he's hardly poking his nose into daily activities anymore. Hardly been to a game until the Jagr retirement.

It's mostly FSG/Dubas/Sully show now. Let the black marks pile up, this isn't a well run/oiled machine anymore.
Mario misses the days where he could tell people a statutory rapist is a good signing and story.

As a father of daughters himself.

He was good for 2 years in Colorado too. There's been more good than bad in his career.
I haven't given up on him yet. I know everyone else has.
Most of the defense looked like trash. But yeah apparently a bloke that was good on two teams was secretly trash and the almighty playoff missing greats - The Pittsburgh Penguins - just outed him.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think travesty is pretty overdramatic, but we've talked about this kinda stuff before so whatever. The last part would be the hilarious part. Yohe couldn't even find a way to spin that in a positive light--but he'd for sure try. :laugh:

Meh maybe a little. But what Crosby (and Malkin and Letang) are trying to do is very rare and legacies are important especially once everything is truly paved over and buried in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay