Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What stinks is that LA was the last team in desperate need for a goalie. That was my Jarry hail mary move. Now we have to look to teams that simply need "an upgrade" which isn't likely.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Looks like Washington continues to build their team in the way we should.

Hilarious how fall this franchise has fallen.

Pretty obvious we could have pulled that deal.

Yep a shame Washington got to it before usm
What stinks is that LA was the last team in desperate need for a goalie. That was my Jarry hail mary move. Now we have to look to teams that simply need "an upgrade" which isn't likely.

Yep could have done a Jarry for PLD ++

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Meh there is not need for a desperation move of Jarry. Buy him out if you want. Buyout isnt that bad for the next two years and that is about all this team has left in the tank.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Meh there is not need for a desperation move of Jarry.
Yeah that's fair. I still hold the line on "we don't need to trade him by any means necessary" POV.

Our best path forward is that we keep Jarry and be rebounds and actually plays well.

We have the young players and cap space to keep Jarry without getting too close to the ceiling.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The warts Dubois has are astronomically larger than any sort of warts that other players would have.
The attitude stuff bothers me more than anything with his play.

I think if you're acquiring him it probably has to involve Malkin agreeing to go to wing. I can't imagine that pouty ass Dubois is going to be happy to come here and be a 3c.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have no issues taking on players with warts. Someone like Laine makes sense as a cheaper target with warts. Robertson is a guy I think makes sense as well, he has some warts with his all-around play and size. But PLD? Let's look over the facts with PLD:

1. He has asked for multiple trades and has not lasted more than 3 years on 1 team. He's on his 4th team before even turning 26, despite being a good player over his career.
2. He has quit on multiple teams in the past, with him notably being healthy scratched in his last few games with Columbus after showing absolutely no effort.
3. In his career, his highest point total is 63 while he doesn't offer anything defensively (bad defensive metrics from looking at JFresh) and not playing nearly as physical as his size suggests he should play.
4. He's signed for 7 more years at $8.5 million a year, which is frankly overpaying him even when he's playing at his normal level.
5. He's coming off a year where he had 40 points in 82 games and was regularly demoted to LA's 4th line.

I understand taking risks, but Dubois is a moronic risk. Which is why I think Washington is stupid for not demanding more on top of Dubois to make this deal, even with them getting out of Kuemper's bad contract.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Meh there is not need for a desperation move of Jarry. Buy him out if you want. Buyout isnt that bad for the next two years and that is about all this team has left in the tank.

I’m sure Calgary would be interested in Jarry and they won’t be on his 12 team NTC

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’m sure Calgary would be interested in Jarry and they won’t be on his 12 team NTC

Only issue there is I don't see why Calgary would offer any sort of picks or prospects for Jarry, while I think Jarry probably should bring back a pick or a prospect.

Although another idea that could work: Jarry and Smith for Vladar and Mangiapane. No picks involved, just purely a player swap.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Is there a chance we're the worst team in the Metro next year? I think Columbus is probably still that but sooner or later they'll take a step.

The Caps/Flyers/Islanders could easily be better lol. The Devils absolutely will be assuming reasonable health. Canes/Rangers obviously no question are better.

Don't get me wrong I also think there's a reasonable chance we could finish 4th if Dubas makes the right moves but it's also easy for me to envision this team as currently constructed and with Sullivan at the helm totally cratering. All it would take is a step back in play by Sid whether due to age or injury.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is there a chance we're the worst team in the Metro next year? I think Columbus is probably still that but sooner or later they'll take a step.

The Caps/Flyers/Islanders could easily be better lol. The Devils absolutely will be assuming reasonable health. Canes/Rangers obviously no question are better.

Don't get me wrong I also think there's a reasonable chance we could finish 4th if Dubas makes the right moves but it's also easy for me to envision this team as currently constructed and with Sullivan at the helm totally cratering. All it would take is a step back in play by Sid whether due to age or injury.

Yeah? Of course there's a chance. This team is old and not very good.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania

I think if Sid continues to avoid Father Time they won’t be but yeah, as you said, if he takes an age related step back, they could be.

Reactions: Pancakes

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'd actually be interested to know who initiated the call - LA or Washington.

LA on the phone to Washington

1718825910702.gif

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Why would we buyout Jarry at all?

That just is bad asset management.

That wasn't the point. I am saying there is no need desperation dum him. People act like it's impossible to move him now if we want too. And we should have moved him for Dubois. There is no reason to get that anchor the capitals just got. I would have rathered buying him out over that.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Only issue there is I don't see why Calgary would offer any sort of picks or prospects for Jarry, while I think Jarry probably should bring back a pick or a prospect.

Although another idea that could work: Jarry and Smith for Vladar and Mangiapane. No picks involved, just purely a player swap.

I think the thing is they could move him if they want. It's just a matter of how they view his role with the team moving foward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad