GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
1727487999915.png

Nemec hasn’t been good so far. Zboril is trash so not give a contract. Bastian, find someone else over him he’s slow as shit and useless with his size because he’s too weak.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yea, I got no confidence in this team for this not to be just them sucking ass like they will in the regular season. Our second pairing is out for who knows how long, we are slow as shit. And our top guys aside from bratt couldn’t give less of a f***. Cool.

Preseason yea, what ever, they were an embarrassment last year and they are already starting off looking like shit and managed to give up 17 goals against over the last few games lol
Hischier has been fine as well up front.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
You down for Playoff Tommy?
If we get to the playoffs idc. I have bigger issues with how our back up goalie looked like mid season vitek, our offense from other more expensive top guys has been non existent, and how our second pairing is hurt. Oh and how we have a mailingant tumor as a goalie coach.

Reactions: My3Sons

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Just an FYI...

Markstrom
39/45 in 97min
.867% and 3.7GAA

Allen
24/30 in 87min
.800SV% and 4.14GAA

Daws
21/23 in 49.5min
.913SV% and 2.42GAA

I think all 3 are fairly good goalies but doesn't matter who is in net, bc NJ needs to pick up the puck possession and team defence when the real hockey starts.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If they’re not moving a RD over to the left then Casey has undoubtedly earned the spot over Nemec.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Scratching him for whom exactly? The f***ing goon? We have noooooooooooo reliable depth beyond the 12 guys and even then Nate’s not a lock after the year he had
I agree with you that there's no one to really scratch him for that I can think of. I don't want him scratched.

And I wish we could find someone to replace Nate at this point. I wish Foote could do it. He's at the age and skillset where he's reached his expiration date with us. You don't see guys like him stay with the organization that drafted them when they're too much older than he is right now. I think it's a lack of depth and perhaps the fact they trust him more than Foote as to why he appears to be a lock right now.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If they’re not moving a RD over to the left then Casey has undoubtedly earned the spot over Nemec.
Yeah. Highly doubt Nemec doesn't get a spot though, simply based off of his play last season. He's played 2 games coming back from injury. I'll say, I wouldn't hate seeing Seamus in the main lineup playing in the regular season.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Didn't think Nemec was that bad tonight.

idk if I'd say he was good or not, but he's definitely not a 10 year vet (those who are basically guaranteed a spot). He should be playing way better.

That one guy has been extremely annoying, but Casey definitely has done much better than Nemec so far

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The offense and Allen were both equally abhorrent tonight.

The PK was also a massive problem, but Allen needs to get in front of that Wahlstrom shot.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I agree with you that there's no one to really scratch him for that I can think of. I don't want him scratched.

And I wish we could find someone to replace Nate at this point. I wish Foote could do it. He's at the age and skillset where he's reached his expiration date with us. You don't see guys like him stay with the organization that drafted them when they're too much older than he is right now. I think it's a lack of depth and perhaps the fact they trust him more than Foote as to why he appears to be a lock right now.

Giving Foote the nod tonight over Halonen and Labanc’s inexcusable. Foote already had 2 games and sucked. The other guys had one game and were both good.

Reactions: ZYXWVUT

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
And over Hamilton and Kivacevic and so on. Nemec made one awful play but other than that one moment he’s been as good as any defender not named Casey. The whole group has been uninspiring.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hopefully they won't but I haven't seen anything so far that makes me optimistic 👍🏻
Honestly, this is why I barely pay attention to preseason games, especially over the last decade or so when we usually end up having more than enough to be mad or disappointed about in the regular season.

Let me have my unbridled optimism for at least a couple weeks dammit!:laugh:

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad