Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
"Goodrow has a 15-team no-trade list. It’s unclear if San Jose was on that list, but it only would have mattered if the Rangers tried to trade him. The waiver system potentially served as a workaround."

I never thought of this. Why buy anyone out without trying to put em on waivers first?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m confused by how many people are saying this immediately solves NJ goaltending issues.

Markstrom is not a consistent goaltender and has had majorly bad seasons recently.
NJ’s two most played goalies had a SV% of .890 & .894 last season. You probably would have helped their goaltending issues.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You're not scared off by him already being on his fourth team?

No. Not if you are getting out of Jarry’s contract.

Caps have been managed excellently since their cup win. Great move and a reason they made the playoffs over us last season. They actually are committed to acquiring youth and rebuilding on the fly with home run draft swings.

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper...I did NOT see that coming. Just wow. But with Kuzy gone, Backstrom on LTIR, and LA needing a goalie, there is a bit of sense to that.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Caps have been managed excellently since their cup win. Great move and a reason they made the playoffs over us last season. They actually are committed to acquiring youth and rebuilding on the fly with home run draft swings.
While I do like the way the Caps are going about their rebuild they did also get insanely lucky to make the playoffs last season. They were minus 37 in goal differential. It's crazy that they made it.

As for PLD for Jarry....sure, why not. I'll take just about any deal that gets rid of TJ. I'm really not a fan.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can not wait to see your heel turn on the franchise within 2-3 months of the season starting as per usual.

Sorry that I'm not excited about the idea of trading for a 26 year old player who has whined his way off of multiple teams and is signed long-term at an insane rate, all while coming off a terrible season.

Reactions: Rave7215

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sorry that I'm not excited about the idea of trading for a 26 year old player who has whined his way off of multiple teams and is signed long-term at an insane rate, all while coming off a terrible season.
Any young players the Pens are able to acquire without giving up major picks or young prospects of their own are going to involve taking on guys who have warts of some kind.

If Dubas wants to get younger he's probably gonna have to take some gambles like that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They gave Tom Wilson $6.5mil x 7yrs at 30 after an injury riddled season. They gave Backstrom $9.2mil x 5yrs at 31. They had to give away Kuzy and retain 50%. They gave Keuper the same contract Dubas gave Jarry. I mean, what?

We trade out 29yo Jake in exchange for a youthful haul and people lose their minds.

That's a home run trade for LA though.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Looks like Washington continues to build their team in the way we should.

Hilarious how fall this franchise has fallen.

Pretty obvious we could have pulled that deal.

Dubois is a pud and gona lead Washington's tank after Ovi leaves.

Sure I want them to move Jarry but not for that anchor

Reactions: Rave7215

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
PLD - January 2025

1718824706892.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Any young players the Pens are able to acquire without giving up major picks or young prospects of their own are going to involve taking on guys who have warts of some kind.

If Dubas wants to get younger he's probably gonna have to take some gambles like that.

The warts Dubois has are astronomically larger than any sort of warts that other players would have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad