Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Rakell likely has WPG on his NTC
Probably Columbus as well. Great work as always giving these nobodies NTCs. :laugh:

-edit- It's a relatively minor NTC situation, but still, gotta imagine non-desirable locales and bottom feeders would be on there.

CLAUSE DETAILS: Player submits an 8 team no trade list.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The only thing that appeals to me about Laine is perhaps he would help the powerplay.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't know why Winnipeg is even remotely considering an Ehlers for Rakell swap.

Rakell for Laine is actually semi realistic, but Laine's deal is so ugly that I'd be pretty uncomfortable doing that. Laine is a legitimately bad player outside of his shot, he's an even more extreme version of James Neal. Do we really want that guy playing with a near 40 year old Malkin? Not only that, but Laine is made of glass and probably will miss a big chunk of games anyway.

Crosby is sure as hell not going to want to play with Laine, either. That will last about 3 shifts before Crosby is holding Sullivan at gunpoint to get Laine off of his line :laugh:

This assumes Sullivan is going to start training camp with Laine on Crosby's line. He won't. He had Vinnie frickin' Hinostroza there last year.

We should never forget this.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
A player I like a lot is Samuel Fagemo of the Kings. I wanted Dubas to claim him off waivers when Nashville did this past season. No idea if we put in a claim, but I assume no.

He is similar to Bemstrom and Rakell in that he can play either wing, and his AHL numbers suggest there is nothing left to prove there. I feel a guy like Fagemo is headed back to Sweden soon. Maybe one last NHL shot? Fagemo might not get qualified in LA.

Reactions: Rakell67

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This assumes Sullivan is going to start training camp with Laine on Crosby's line. He won't. He had Vinnie frickin' Hinostroza there last year.

We should never forget this.
I mean, in camp they usually split the team and prospects up into three "equal-ish" teams. Given the roster of Team Sid and the fact they wanted to know if Hino was a worthy roster player, it makes sense that he started there.

It's not like Sullivan was saying "Let's see if Hinostroza can be our new top line wing when the season starts".

As much as I loathe Sullivan, be reasonable.

Reactions: DesertPenguin

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I mean, in camp they usually split the team and prospects up into three "equal-ish" teams. Given the roster of Team Sid and the fact they wanted to know if Hino was a worthy roster player, it makes sense that he started there.

It's not like Sullivan was saying "Let's see if Hinostroza can be our new top line wing when the season starts".

As much as I loathe Sullivan, be reasonable.

Nah SEAL, Mike Sullivan does not deserve any pass for anything at this point. Sorry.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
A player I like a lot is Samuel Fagemo of the Kings. I wanted Dubas to claim him off waivers when Nashville did this past season. No idea if we put in a claim, but I assume no.

He is similar to Bemstrom and Rakell in that he can play either wing, and his AHL numbers suggest there is nothing left to prove there. I feel a guy like Fagemo is headed back to Sweden soon. Maybe one last NHL shot? Fagemo might not get qualified in LA.
Akil Thomas was the waiver guy last year that I thought we should claim. Seems that ship has sailed now that LA has re-signed him and he impressed in his cup of coffee.

It blows my mind that guys like that clear waivers and players like Matthew Phillips get claimed multiple times. GMs are not as bright as we give typically give them credit for.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oh man…my hairline looks better lol…buddy, you can afford Hair Club for Men…

Last Action Hero vibes

1718331067257.jpeg

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Laine's been horrible disappointment relative to his potential. Could have been next Selänne but he's too lazy and entitled.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Said this before the Hextall 3year plan is now in its last year. contracts were front loaded and Rust NMC will be gone after this year, I do think Dubas will move to the youth and assets in the system and utilize Rust and Karlsson to expedite that. I like Rakell as his play fits what I like, He competes on the boards for pucks and can still play at a very good level in puck management. Sullivan will have to change his smurf speed crap and Dubas has to provide a roster to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad