News Article: Penguins Sale Possible This Week

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
That is not going to happen with the Penguins. Sox fans begged them to sign Betts and they still let him walk. Same with Jon Lester. They lowball guys and then when they walk for more money they talk about how better it makes the team.

I'm not for signing Malkin to a bad contract. Any contract outside a paycut will be bad. So this sounds good in that aspect. The keyboard experts here that cheer more for favorite players than the logo are going to hate them if this happens.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That is not going to happen with the Penguins. Sox fans begged them to sign Betts and they still let him walk. Same with Jon Lester. They lowball guys and then when they walk for more money they talk about how better it makes the team.
Y'all are preaching to the choir complaining about cheap owners. Many of us are Pirate fans. Mookie Betts makes about as much as the entire Pirates roster.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm not for signing Malkin to a bad contract. Any contract outside a paycut will be bad. So this sounds good in that aspect. The keyboard experts here that cheer more for favorite players than the logo are going to hate them if this happens.
Fans need to be ready to see beloved players go because this ownership group will not care about any legacy they have.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Y'all are preaching to the choir complaining about cheap owners. Many of us are Pirate fans. Mookie Betts makes about as much as the entire Pirates roster.
The issue I have is that they just don't care anymore. They've won championships (which are great) but they refuse to spend money and we keep losing great players and only getting middle of the road guys because of their bullshit internal cap.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
I’m willing to give them the benefit of doubt since Mario’s name will still be attached in some capacity and NHL is a whole different thing than MLB.

However, just the thought of a bunch of Boston Massholes owning the franchise is vomit inducing.
I vote all season ticket holders buy an Ulf Samuelsson Jersey

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm a Sox fan and I feel really bad about what is about to happy to your team.

I also pray Penguins employees don't have to deal with John Henry's wife.
Well, we're about to have a roster full of guys on ELCs after Rust, Letang and Geno walk this summer and Sid asks to be traded to Colorado to finish his career with MacKinnon, and we dismantle the team by changing valuable assets into futures, so this guy probably won't be spending much more than cap floor for a good five years or so. :sarcasm: :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Never knew Pens were up for sale. Let's all chip in and buy them! I'll have to pay more because I am working with CAD.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
When you say fans do you mean keyboard experts or season ticket holders?

To be fair this news affects myself as a season ticket holder more than most here. I am excited for the new era. Let's give them a chance. We could have done a lot worse. They know how to win.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Just consider yourselves warned once the honeymoon phase has worn off.

As long as I don't see a Penguins game on NESN outside of when they play the Bruins then we are good. Sharing with the Red Sox is bad enough.
honeymoon phase? lol obviously we would all prefer mario just owned the team outright forever out of nostalgia if nothing else. i have no expectations for anything to really change, we're a footnote compared to their other teams

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Just consider yourselves warned once the honeymoon phase has worn off.

As long as I don't see a Penguins game on NESN outside of when they play the Bruins then we are good. Sharing with the Red Sox is bad enough.

You realize what the Penguins have been outside of the last ten to fifteen years right?

This team has always been an internal cap team. Having an organization that is good at running those is probably a very good sign.

We aren’t a huge market like Boston. As soon as the big three were out we were likely getting hit with an internal cap if not worse.

Reactions: T1K

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
At first and then they put in an internal cap and hamstring your GM.
I think an internal cap of $150-$200 million is different than a hard league-wide cap the NHL has. If they’re willing to spend $175 million, why wouldn’t they spend to the cap here? (excluding outside factors like low attendance, etc., that could affect revenue)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad