Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: We suck again summer edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Can a suitable replacement be found for Petry in ufa? Petry the player is fine. But a lesser cap hit would be ideal. Especially before he falls off a cliff in the future.
Maybe Petry to Buffalo for JJP and Philly's 2nd? Or is that to high of an ask?

Last edited:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Can a suite replacement be found for Petry in ufa? Petry the player is fine. But a lesser cap hit would be ideal. Especially before he falls off a cliff in the future.
Maybe Petry to Buffalo for JJP and Philly's 2nd? Or is that to high of an ask?
Idk about a Petry replacement but I dont mind a guy like Clifton. Would have to get a LD too though

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I dunno why we need Ghost when we have Ty Smith already.
Smith hasn’t proven he can lead a PP…we tried him there a few games and wasn’t inspiring…not to say he couldn’t get better…but Ghost is proven…guarantee the PP improves with him in and Letang out lol

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
How about Granlund, ‘24 2nd, ‘25 ‘2nd to ANA for Gibson ($1.5m retained) and Comtois. The two extra 2nd is for the retention. They’re probably borderline on even qualifying Comtois so I don’t see his inclusion being a big factor.

Reactions: Turin

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Gostisbehere might be cool. Probably comes a little cheaper than Orlov. He’s a riverboat gambler but who cares. Just f***in’ go for it.

I didn’t get why no one had interest in him when he was available for nada with Philly. We can make skillsets like his work here.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Two teams with cap crunches we need to be looking at are LA and Boston. Both teams have LDs that could be hitting FA in Orlov and Gavrikov, both would be huge upgrades for us.

With LA, I think Viktor Arvidsson could be had for pretty cheap as they need to re-sign Vilardi. I was massively impressed with his two way game in the Edmonton series, and he was a big part of some timely goals in the series as well. Having him, Rakell, and Rust would give us phenomenal depth down the right side.

As for Boston, it sounds like they're trying to keep Bertuzzi, but he could still end up in FA and be a target if we decide to let Zucker walk. There are also guys like Hall, Debrusk, Forbort, and Frederic who could be potential trade targets. They also have their obvious goaltending situation, but I personally think both Ullmark and Swayman are wearing Boston sweaters until Ullmark's contract is finished.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Gavrikov and Bunting would be my big UFA targets. For goalies, try to trade for Gibson, Swayman or Hellebuyck if possible.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How about Granlund, ‘24 2nd, ‘25 ‘2nd to ANA for Gibson ($1.5m retained) and Comtois. The two extra 2nd is for the retention. They’re probably borderline on even qualifying Comtois so I don’t see his inclusion being a big factor.

I don't think the Ducks would bite on that.

I think a Gibson deal would be something like Pickering and Granlund for Gibson. If the Ducks want more than that, I'd tell them to lick my taint and just re-sign Jarry.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just being a dyngus on CapFriendly and I came up with:

Guentzel Crosby Rakell
Bunting Malkin Arvidsson
DOC Roy Rust
Stastny Poehling Carter
Bonino Nylander

Grzelcyk Letang
Pettersson Petry
POJ Rutta
Ruhwedel

Gibson
Quick [edit to add: or similar older goalie for kinda cheap]

$400k ish in cap room. Traded mostly draft picks.

Edit to say that Gibson had 1.5m retained.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Guentzel Crosby Rakell
Bunting Malkin Arvidsson
DOC Roy Rust
Stastny Poehling Carter
Bonino Nylander

Grzelcyk Letang
Pettersson Petry
POJ Rutta
Ruhwedel

Gibson
Quick

No Quick. He probably retires.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012

Guentzel Crosby Rakell
Bunting Malkin Arvidsson
DOC Roy Rust
Stastny Poehling Carter
Bonino Nylander

Grzelcyk Letang
Pettersson Petry
POJ Rutta
Ruhwedel

Gibson

Apparently sully does not have shares in capfriendly if it let you put rust on L3

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Guentzel Crosby Rakell
Bunting Malkin Arvidsson
DOC Roy Rust
Stastny Poehling Carter
Bonino Nylander

Grzelcyk Letang
Pettersson Petry
POJ Rutta
Ruhwedel

Gibson

I like Roy and Bunting, both would be really good targets.

I don't like Arvidsson, Stastny, Bonino or Carter. Too old.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Stastny & Bonino are just placeholders in my lineup for depth players. Replace with whoever can be a cheap 4th liner/extra.
I would honestly not hate Blueger back on cheap, or Kampf or Engvall since Dubas is familiar with them. Maybe round that out with a cheap physical presence. I think both Sullivan and Dubas value having a heavy defensive assignment line.. so I would expect to see a 4th line like that return.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tbh I would probably be good with bringing back Blueger to push Poehling to the 13th forward spot. Depending on the cost of course, but I can't imagine he'd cost more than his cap hit last year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Blueger's choice is probably 4C on a good team or 3C on a bad team. His call.

I will see positives if he comes back but I'll start beating the drum now - less retreads, more punts on potential.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So... he's not done anything worthwhile but you want him back?

I mean, I'd take him back at fairly cheap.

I'm not slamming on the table to bring him back, but I'd be completely fine with bringing him back at a lower cap hit to push Poehling to the 13th forward spot.

He had a dud year this year but everyone here knows what he's capable of when he's playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad