Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: We suck again summer edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There just aren't enough good goalies in the world. Someone is going to offer Jarry too much for too long because he's shown stretches of better than average play.
The long-term nagging hip injury worries me, so that's a no from me. I do think he will get picked up. He may do well on another team, and in fact I suggest that it is likely. It just shouldn't be here. He needs to go. We need someone different.

No matter how he does, though, I will never criticize Dubas if he chooses to move on. If he chooses to keep him and we get more of the same...watch out because I will never let that go.

Reactions: Sideline

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Chicago is like 20m under the cap floor with barely any NHL-calibre forwards signed. Maybe theyd be willing to do 14+Granlund for 19.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
He's an interesting target.

I think Markstrom, possibly Vanacek, and Korpisalo would also be decent targets
Korpisalo was great for the Kings, he gave up goals but was peppered by the Oilers
Vanecek I'm not sold on, he sucked for the Devils during the final stretch of the season and playoffs were not better for him

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Korpisalo was great for the Kings, he gave up goals but was peppered by the Oilers
Vanecek I'm not sold on, he sucked for the Devils during the final stretch of the season and playoffs were not better for him
Yeah he really fell apart but it makes me think he might be available.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Chicago is like 20m under the cap floor with barely any NHL-calibre forwards signed. Maybe theyd be willing to do 14+Granlund for 19.
I wouldn't do it and I hate Granlund. At this point play him or find a player that has 1 year left on his deal. Not swapping picks or prospects, we already got screwed sending a 2nd over

Yeah he really fell apart but it makes me think he might be available.
Agree, I think there is a great chance he becomes available, but are we willing to gamble especially the way our defense is shaped? I think a better goalie like Korpisalo is better suited for us

Reactions: Jacob

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Swayman is the main guy I want to bring in to replace Jarry this off-season. Boston is super vulnerable to an offersheet due to their cap situation and I'd pounce on that chance to get Swayman for a reasonable price.

I think you could reasonably do something like this:

-Granlund and pick #14 to Chicago for picks #35 and #67
-Picks #35 and #67 to Boston for Swayman's RFA rights

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Still prefer the team be aggressive and try to pry Vejmelka and a forward from Phoenix (-edit- Phoenix? Arizona? Who knows. Benadryl brain).

Maybe something like Vejmelka + Schmaltz for Granlund + Pickering + 14th overall

Add something if you have to. I don't like any of the FA options and paying out the nose for Hellebuyck just to hand him a colossal deal next year sounds bad.

Reactions: tnnr

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I asked on the HFPens Discord server, but what are peoples' thoughts on the goalie situation?

I want to move on from both Jarry and CDS. But I'd begrudgingly keep CDS dependent upon the new starter.
I'm ready to move on from both. I'm honestly ready for a slightly different style in goal. I'm intrigued how a bigger goaltender or a technically sound goaltender would do compared to the more athletic, finesse goalies the Pens have had recently.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Swayman is the main guy I want to bring in to replace Jarry this off-season. Boston is super vulnerable to an offersheet due to their cap situation and I'd pounce on that chance to get Swayman for a reasonable price.

I'd love to get Grzelyck from Boston as well

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm ready to move on from both. I'm honestly ready for a slightly different style in goal. I'm intrigued how a bigger goaltender or a technically sound goaltender would do compared to the more athletic, finesse goalies the Pens have had recently.
Matt Murray might be up for grabs?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

That would be rough but I likely do it.
I think the smartest move is to take a player like Gibson or Markstrom and hopefully get back pieces and then try and get Ukka Pekka out of Buffalo.
How are Gibson or Markstrom good fits but Helle is a bad fit?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Here's the proposal I put up on the main boards:

Trade 1: Penguins trade Granlund and pick #14 to Chicago for pick #35 and pick #67
Trade 2: Penguins trade Joseph and pick #35 to Boston for Swayman's RFA rights and pick #92

In total, the Penguins are trading Granlund, Joseph and pick #14 for Swayman and picks #67 and #92. Trade 1 has the Penguins basically paying a late 1st rounder in value to get out of Granlund's deal, with the difference in value between pick #14 and picks #35 plus #67 equaling the value of about pick #30.

Reactions: tnnr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad