Confirmed with Link: Penguins Agree To Terms With Matt Cullen (1 year | $800k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
What would be an acceptable return on Kunitz?

I think it depends what he gets packaged with. A 2nd, Bennett or one of the throw in defensemen could change his value to something more interesting. Maybe he's here to start the season, starts it hot and someone pays for that. I'd happily take a good pick if someone doesn't want to trade a young top 6 winger for a Kunitz package. Value can be weird, I wouldn't have thought that Sutter would fetch the return that he ended up bringing but Kessel was relatively cheap.

Boedker is the dream, I talked myself into Skinner and at one point I impressed myself with an idea and promptly forgot what that was...

Try to package him with Bennett and Clendening or Erixon for an upgrade (Boedker eh ehhmmm)

:handclap:

Seriously, if they lock down a top 6 of Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Perron and Boedker JR is getting a statue. A statue made by me, so it will be small, ugly, fragile and look nothing like him, but it will be a statue. It would just be Perron, Boedker, Maatta and Plotnikov negotiating new salaries at the same time. :laugh: My family has a history of stomach ulcers. :help:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
You can't really complain at that price and term. He's older but he still seems somewhat productive and useful. The last regime probably would have just re-signed Adams in this role. :laugh:

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Scuderi gone and hello Franson!

No Franson please. I don't want to sign a defender unless it's A) short term (1 year deal) and B) a clear upgrade on what we have. I'm not so certain Franson is an upgrade on what we have, due to his major shortcomings in 2 elements that we need from the back end (mobility and good defensive zone play).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kunitz - Malkin - Kessel
Dupuis - Fehr - Bonino
Plotnikov - Cullen - Bennett
Sundqvist

Maatta - Letang
Pouliot - Lovejoy
Dumoulin - Cole
Scuderi - Erixon
Andersen - Clendening

I don't think I'm forgetting anyone

Based on this, salaries, how they were acquired, age, skill, etc... I think people can see the ones who will be targeted for movement.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
I've been saying all summer that more people will move. Just have to wait

That's the plan.

In an ideal world, I wanted 2 out of 3 of Sutter, Kunitz, Scuderi gone. Honestly didn't think it would come true (3 out of 3 seemed like way too much to ask for).

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
Don't forget that they are likely to want to start the season as close to the cap as possible in order to maximize the amount of LTIR space they gain from Fehr and anyone else who breaks a bone/undergoes surgery/gets scurvy during the preseason.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Kunitz - Malkin - Kessel
Dupuis - Fehr - Bonino
Sundqvist

Maatta - Letang
Pouliot - Lovejoy
Dumoulin - Cole
Scuderi - Erixon
Andersen - Clendening

Based on this, salaries, how they were acquired, age, skill, etc... I think people can see the ones who will be targeted for movement.

ScuderiSCUDERIscuderiSCUDERI!!!!!!

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
In an ideal world, I wanted 2 out of 3 of Sutter, Kunitz, Scuderi gone. Honestly didn't think it would come true (3 out of 3 seemed like way too much to ask for).
I wanted Adams, Scuderi and Sutter gone, so I got my 2 out of three...

Kunitz - Malkin - Kessel
Dupuis - Fehr - Bonino
Sundqvist

Maatta - Letang
Pouliot - Lovejoy
Dumoulin - Cole
Scuderi - Erixon
Andersen - Clendening

I was thinking that Kunitz would be more valued by the Pens Org than by this board, but maybe they are finding that they cant move Scuds. Anyways, I'll be :popcorn:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Waiting is boring. The modern world has conditioned me to require constant stimulation and this isn't acceptable.

Constant stimulation? I know the perfect thing for you and I have a promo code...

PM for details.

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
I wanted Adams, Scuderi and Sutter gone, so I got my 2 out of three...

I was thinking that Kunitz would be more valued by the Pens Org than by this board, but maybe they are finding that they cant move Scuds. Anyways, I'll be :popcorn:

My guess is Erixon, Clendening, Kunitz, Bennett, Scuderi and Lovejoy would be pieces we're willing to move. Probably some pucks may be available if necessary too, think third in 2016 or second in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad