Pavel Datsyuk inducted into the Hall of Fame

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
He addressed missing the final year of his contract in the press conference. Saying his heart wasn’t in it anymore and he hopes the fans would understand. Or at least that’s how I interpreted it. I appreciated him saying that
I fully understand as I bet you do as well. Sadly, I remember a few Wings fans being salty about it and it came across as a very ugly look if you ask me.

Reactions: raymond23

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Zetterberg was awesome for Red Wings, and they called them euro tweens, but please stop winning about Z . Datsyuk was something else , outside this world. When he was on the ice I didn't care about anyone else. Gretzky is a great one, Mcdavid is the best ever hockey player and Datsyuk was the most fun to watch
Winning? Whining?
I might go to a few Nashville games this year if they land those three tbh. Stadium is electric regardless, I was shocked the first Wings/Preds game I went to because the crowd was borderline playoff atmosphere.
It was definitely one of the best games we played last season.
When my kids track down Dats highlights and ask me what it was like to watch him in his prime:

View attachment 891681
He was the most exciting player to watch for 5-10 years in the whole NHL. Probably one of the most exciting all time.
One of the most exciting players I've ever seen play. Easiest first ballot hall of fame decision in a while.
He was the most exciting player I have ever watched.
(Kronwall, Hasek, Stevens after him)
My favourite play of all time against San Jose Sharks GM. :)m

My favourite moments.
Pass to himself off of the net vs the blues.
Backhand goal vs sharks.
Backhand goal vs Luongo.
The goal vs Turco.
Creative moves vs avs game 1 of the playoffs vs avs 2002.
And his reverse hits were amazing.

Reactions: Henkka

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Long overdue. I miss watching the magic man, Zetterberg, and the DRW core find success to continue winning once Yzerman retired with a new core. His shootut goal is still one of the best ever.

Reactions: Realgud

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Backhand goal vs sharks.

Imo, this is his best play ever. Impossible shot from impossible location.

Too bad that didn't turn the game or series around, but it was those unbelieve moments you'll never believe to see.

Imo, the best Datsyuk & Zetterberg goal was this versus the Avs at the 2008 playoffs. Happened on my birthday. Thanks. :)

Samuelsson --> Zetterberg --> Datsyuk --> Zetterberg --> Datsyuk --> Zetterberg --> Datsyuk --> Zetterberg (GOAL).

Reactions: DamonDRW

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
1720453460409.png

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Too bad that didn't turn the game or series around, but it was those unbelieve moments you'll never believe to see.

Imo, the best Datsyuk & Zetterberg goal was this versus the Avs at the 2008 playoffs. Happened on my birthday. Thanks. :)

Samuelsson --> Zetterberg --> Datsyuk --> Zetterberg --> Datsyuk --> Zetterberg --> Datsyuk --> Zetterberg (GOAL).

The backhand goal vs Sharks by Datsyuk and the goal by Van Basten vs Russia in EC in 1990 are probably the biggest achievement done by any athlete I have ever seen.

The backhand goal vs Sharks by Datsyuk and the goal by Van Basten vs Russia in EC in 1990 are probably the biggest achievement done by any athlete I have ever seen.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

I think that was one of the most dominant playoff performances ever. Datsyuk was unbelievable that year. If they'd beaten San Jose, it would've been more widely talked about.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What's the saying? Often imitated, never duplicated? That was Datsyuk to a T.

Congrats to Pavel, this is well deserved, you inspired a generation of players that came after you to be more creative with the puck and think outside the box. Will probably always be my favorite Red Wing and favorite player. I look forward to Zetterberg joining you soon.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
What's the saying? Often imitated, never duplicated? That was Datsyuk to a T.

Congrats to Pavel, this is well deserved, you inspired a generation of players that came after you to be more creative with the puck and think outside the box. Will probably always be my favorite Red Wing and favorite player. I look forward to Zetterberg joining you soon.

Are you saying it's Datsyuks fault that kids are doing the Michigan now?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
The magic man

Attachments

• 3HWHb7UfFKAM4sgTkgIJXDnJcRy0N17wwIuBi93O2b8-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
    3HWHb7UfFKAM4sgTkgIJXDnJcRy0N17wwIuBi93O2b8-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Konnan511

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Screw off Hasek. No man is gonna persecute a regime long known for going after family members if they can't get the criticizer.

Reactions: Realgud

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Do you refer to that "zero angle" Van Basten goal? If yes, this is indeed true. I was so young that time but still remember like it was yesterday.

There are only few goals in football that really stand out. Much fewer as compared to Datsyuk highlight goals :)

Reactions: 14ari13

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Screw off Hasek. No man is gonna persecute a regime long known for going after family members if they can't get the criticizer.
I assume you're replying to someone I have blocked, otherwise, this is a weird thing to randomly say in the middle of a Datsyuk thread.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I assume you're replying to someone I have blocked, otherwise, this is a weird thing to randomly say in the middle of a Datsyuk thread.

Someone linked a article where Hasek was criticizing Pavs selection to HHoF because he hasn't openly disagreed with Putin for the Ukraine stuff.

Reactions: Konnan511

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Do you refer to that "zero angle" Van Basten goal? If yes, this is indeed true. I was so young that time but still remember like it was yesterday.

There are only few goals in football that really stand out. Much fewer as compared to Datsyuk highlight goals :)

Yes, that is the goal. Even his coach could not believe it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad