Paul Maurice: Class act and a legendary coach

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
With all due respect, he was almost one goal from joining Todd McLellan in the reverse sweep category. It’s great they got this far but getting so close to getting reverse swept is a bad look regardless of the outcome.
Like he said, the Panthers never get anything easy. He managed to get them out of their own heads when it mattered, and reversing momentum when it turns against you like that and fighting back in a game 7 is one of the hardest tasks a head coach can take on. Just ask Sheldon Keefe.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Very rarely do I watch somebody lift the Cup and feel what they’re feeling. Watching him put the Cup over his head, eyes closed, and just let himself sink into the moment, f***…chills man. Chills. That’s gotta be one of the best Cup lifts I’ve ever seen, and I’m far from a Panthers fan. From a coach no less!

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I think he made a key adjustment in game 7 that Florida defenseman were actually playing more offensive the first two periods instead of being afraid of the Oilers speed that had torched them. And then they went into shut down mode in the 3rd.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
He was the right hire at the right time. Every SC winner will have to have that happen at some point. It's about the best fit for the team. The "best" coach is subjective a lot of the time. I was not unhappy with the hire at the time. Because I felt that Winnipeg played pretty structured hockey whenever I saw them play when he coached them (they sure dominated us when we played them).
Turned out that the hire was right on the mark.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I always liked PM.
He reminds me of a teacher I had in HS, who told me to quit f***ing around and focus, without raising his voice, just a disappointed look.

Paul might not have had the same restraint though:laugh:
maurice-swearing.gif

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
10 tiers below a guy like Bowman. Probably a few tiers below Quenville and Sutter too. 26 years 1 title. The leash was long with this one.
So, during his NHL career there has been about 25 better coaches than him. In reality a bit less with multiple cup winning coaches, but that doesn't sound too impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad