Player Discussion Patrik Laine

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I don’t think the club or Laine was seeking opinions from GPs…not that I disagree that doctors in general (and all human beings) are more incompetent than ever before
True..

lolz, reminds me of my crazy hypochondriac aunt. always knows better than her doctors :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Once you get pegged as a hypochondriac it's over, all just for getting my pap smeared.. pft

I highly doubt he was seeking a second opinion from a GP 😂😂
Ikik.. it was a rant..

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
lolz, reminds me of my crazy hypochondriac aunt. always knows better than her doctors :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Doing my google medical research. IMG_2211.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PeE eL DuBoiS

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I hope Laine made right decision
We will know in three months.

I remember the Price never ending injury, hopefully this doesn’t become that.

I agree with one of the posters who mentioned the wide range of medical opinions they got, surgery, and no surgery is a little strange. Seems to be both ends of the spectrum.

Hoping all goes to plan!!

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I agree with one of the posters who mentioned the wide range of medical opinions they got, surgery, and no surgery is a little strange. Seems to be both ends of the spectrum.
That stuff happens often with doctors, you usually get a different diagnostic for every doctors you consult.

In this case, as another poster mentioned, studies have shown that a lots of knee injuries do not actually require surgery. Natural healing + rehab works just as well. Some doctors might not care about those studies, while others will.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
That stuff happens often with doctors, you usually get a different diagnostic for every doctors you consult.

In this case, as another poster mentioned, studies have shown that a lots of knee injuries do not actually require surgery. Natural healing + rehab works just as well. Some doctors might not care about those studies, while others will.
Yes, my professional background is technical and financial in nature, and in those types of jobs you tend to converge on an answer through mathematics - i.e. finding a maximum, optimum, minimalizing something, etc. I used to wonder why professions like doctors couldn't converge on an answer but as I've grown older and befriended people in these professions I've learned you're dealing with a much higher level of uncertainty in most cases, which means it can be quite methodical or challenging to converge on a single problem.

FWIW a book that really opened my eyes to this was Outlive by Dr. Peter Attia.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wish he didn’t just consider the information he wanted to hear, or making a decision only base on wanting to play this season. That being said he will always be able to get the surgery later if the rehab doesn’t feel right, there another event or the team is going nowhere early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad