Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What’s the prognostic for « no surgery, only a sprain ». I assume it’s a very bad sprain?
Can't talk for his injury but i had a similar injury 6-7 years ago in a very similar way (knee doesn't twist in a weird way but strain is put on it by hitting something hard from the front).

I walked with crutch for a month. Then was able to walk normally. Was able to run after two months but i had a set back cause the meniscus was damaged. Took another month to heal. Was able to run and skate after 3 months. Took me maybe a week of two of training before i was beer league game shape.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Good honestly that he didn’t go for surgery/had to opt out for surgery

Some time ago one of the most respected Finnish doctors on the field wrote an article saying half the knee surgeries made are useless.

Top tier physiotherapy is a better way to go
It depends on the situation of course but if you can avoid the knife, all the better. That being said, knee surgeries and their success rate has improved infinitely over the past decade.

Reactions: calder candidate

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Well i think that doesnt look good for the futur… when a surgery is needed, rehab is often not enough to be 100%.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Lets hope this decision by Laine, which is entirely his, doesn't backfire.

This will almost assuredly require some time of arthroscopic/cleanup surgery at some point. But more importantly, hopefully this doesn't make things worse.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
It's f***ing insane that athletes have the option to opt out of surgery while, we the mere mortals, don't even have the option of surgery in the first place lmao.
If we had employers that would pay for the surgery we'd have that option as well.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
It's f***ing insane that athletes have the option to opt out of surgery while, we the mere mortals, don't even have the option of surgery in the first place lmao.
If you have private insurance, every single company will pay for your surgery btw.

I work in construction, if I injure myself and require surgery, CSST pays for it and my insurance cover the cost of the room / rehab.

Reactions: Deebs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad