LeBrun: Patrik Laine wants a fresh start and trade out of Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
I wouldnt mind taking on Laine if the price is reasonable. What do you Columbuses need?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Can we interest you in a slightly used Huberdeau? Him and Johnny can both not fill the same role. On a serious note, who wants this guy? My guess is they have to add to move him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Really interesting trade to make. With the lack of term, age and pedigree, I'd say he has positive value, but the health, consistency, defensive flaws, cap hit and partial NTC limits the market and return.

Feels like another rebuilding team (San Jose, Chicago, Montreal, Calgary, etc.) makes the most sense, but I have no idea what the return would be because none of them likely want Laine that badly.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Woah. Sucks for Columbus. He's actually been productive when on the ice for a longer period of time. But his value has to be at his lowest currently, no?

Reactions: olli

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Laine marner base
We already have one underperforming soft winger

Woah. Sucks for Columbus. He's actually been productive when on the ice for a longer period of time. But his value has to be at his lowest currently, no?
Considering he was in the players assistance program, what do you think his value might be ?likely not at its peak

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'm very curious how much value he has around the league rn. He misses the vast majority of this season and it's been like 5 years since he's played more then 60. Considering his cap hit, feel like he wouldn't go for all that much rn without retention.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Can see the Hawks having some interest if he were to come cheap. Doesn't play how management wants at 5v5, but Bedard prefers playing the right side on the PP, so having Laine as an option on the left side, ready to release a one timer would still be a good addition.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I'm very curious how much value he has around the league rn. He misses the vast majority of this season and it's been like 5 years since he's played more then 60. Considering his cap hit, feel like he wouldn't go for all that much rn without retention.
Personally, I think if we can trade him without retention for a roster player that would be a success

Reactions: ps241 and Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad