Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Imagine for a moment that the Calgary pick is Matthew Schaefer. Holy f***. we got Patrik Laine and a 2nd and we only gave up Jordan Harris. Beers a flowing fellas!!!!

Our draft capital is in tact and we walked away this summer with Demidov and Laine. Motherf***er I love what we are doing!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Caufield and Laine have played close to their entire pro careers as LW's

More like imo

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Laine - Dach - Newhook
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta
I still believe in Anderson more than Dvorak and I like the speed Newhook brings at 3C.

We could ice three solid scoring lines and have a 4th responsible line, as follows:

Laine - Dach - Anderson
Roy - Newhook- Armia
Dvorak - Evans - Gallagher
....Pezzetta and RHP

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Slafkovsky — Suzuki — Laine
Newhook — Dach — Caufield
Roy — Dvorak — Gallagher
RHP — Evans — Armia
Anderson

Thoughts? Any changes? We obviously still have some fat to trim with Anderson, Gally, Dvorak, and Armia. I don’t mind Gally in a 4th line role because of his preference. I just wish he was making $2M and not $6.5M.

Do you guys think Beck could make the team and replace Dvorak at 3C? I would love to see that.
To me bringing a guy like Laine is to make sure a guy like Dach and Roy get to there Potential. I would go for the following lineup:

Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf
Roy, Dach, Laine
Armia, Newhook, Gallagher
Dvorak, Evens, Anderson

Once a while switch Roy and Anderson!

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yep. For years it was always 'but they're not available'... they always were. There's always talent available. But you have to be willing to do what's necessary to acquire it.
I don't know Marc Bergevin personally and this is me being an armchair psychologist, but there is no way in hell I think he'd do this. He'd have looked at the situation and perceived Laine as talented/lazy/egotistical. Bergevin just never seemed to be fond of this type of player.

The Gallaghers of the world (love the guy but he's a certain type of player), he opened the vault to every time. Your Markovs, Radulovs, Subbans, etc, guys with skill (and maybe a little ego to boot)? Nah. You had to fight for every dollar/year you got and even then, he'd look for ways to get rid of you.

Reactions: the and HuGo Sham

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Harris for a 2nd I can see. It's about even. But that's a lot of money for 55 points. He's just under 9m for 2 years. Going to take us out of free agency next year. Especially a guy injury prone, terrible defensive and coming out of abuse program.

Hughes must plan on righting Laine, retain half and flip him at deadline. Getting a major return,

Why would you flip him if you right the ship on a guy who can score 40 goals and 70-80 points? We need that lol what “haul” are you expecting? A player who can score 40 goals and 70-80 points?

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I still believe in Anderson more than Dvorak and I like the speed Newhook brings at 3C.

We could ice three solid scoring lines and have a 4th responsible line, as follows:

Laine - Dach - Anderson
Roy - Newhook- Armia
....Pezzetta and RHP

Nobody makes his teammates worse like Anderson…he’s truly elite at that. I’d have any other guy there including half our AHL roster.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Demidov Draisaitl Slafkovsky
Laine Crosby Suzuki
Caufield Hage Dach

Future is bright
Suzuki > Crosby now. So Sid can play wing.

Not at all. Like Kent said it's not a contract they negotiated.
Best case scenario Patrik proves himself and then takes a team friendly because Montreal is his happy place. :naughty:
Mtl has a lot of happy places. Should be no problem.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Caufield and Laine have played close to their entire pro careers as LW's

More like imo

Laine - Dach - Newhook
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta
That bottom six is putrid. If they want to compete next yr for a playoff spot, Dvorak needs to go. Armia turned it out after getting demoted. Anderson needs to play physical. Evans and Pezzetta don't cut it either.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Best case scenario Patrik proves himself and then takes a team friendly because Montreal is his happy place. :naughty:
lol I should have added the sarcasm emoji.

I've had a few discussions with posters who claimed bringing in a player who makes more than Suzuki. Would disrupt the cap structure that HuGo has in place.

That would be amazing lol

I'm so excited to see Laine with Habs!!
Lol when you're happy Kev. The Habs board is happy. ;)

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

The main factor too is it's short term. If it was long term the excuse of didn't negotiate it wouldn't work. I don't think Laine will resign personally because he's probably looking for his last major contract after this one so if everything goes relatively well for him, expect a 8 year 9 mil contract from some team in the southern USA lol

Reactions: behemolari

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Laine - Dach - Anderson
Roy - Newhook- Armia
....Pezzetta and RHP
Dvo needs to go. Try Beck instead. Out of this group, his presence is a non factor, just a body they ice. Armia needs to pick up where he left off and Anderson will have to play physical. Evans and Pezzetta, upgrades are required.

Reactions: The Real Timo

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
No Brainer deal for us. Harris was expendable with Ghule, Matheson , Xhekaj, Hutson playing the left side . Cap space is not a factor for us this year . It’s a great gamble. If it works , we got a top 6 player with seize and got paid for it. If it doesn’t work, he’ll be tradable next year with only one yr left, especially with 50 % retention.

Our top 6 is quite unproven. But there is a lot of talent
Slafkovsky- 1st oa
Laine - 2nd oa
Dach- 3rd oa
Suzuki- 13th oa
Caufield- 15th oa
Newhook- 16th oa
Coming up: Demidov 5th oa

We haven’t had that much talent and draft capital in our lineup since I watch hockey (20 years). It’s exciting

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Laine - Dach - Anderson
Roy - Newhook- Armia
....Pezzetta and RHP

Anderson is one of the dumbest players in the league and should not be anywhere near cerebral, high end talents. I think Anderson is best used as a simple up and down winger who uses his speed and size to create his own chances. When he is motivated and playing with energy and confidence he is a force irrespective of who his linemates are as he does not understand how to play with creative linemates. Just put him in the bottom six and tell him to keep it simple and intense.

Dvorak is criminally underrated by Hab fans as he is much smarter than Anderson as well as having better hands, playmaking skills and defensive acumen. Dvorak knows how to use his linemates and is very good on the dot and has the potential to be a very good 3rd line center.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson up with Dach as he is grossly overpaid as a 4th liner but I think it would be a mistake. It is a long season with injuries and performance certain to create havoc in the lineup so anything is possible but imo Anderson is simply not a fit in MSL's system. I am not a believer in his ability to thrive in the system and I am not confident that MSL is crazy about giving up on changing him so you can see where my apprehension lays.

Hopefully I am proven wrong as that is also a better possibility than I care to dwell on lol.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad