Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Dvo needs to go. Try Beck instead. Out of this group, his presence is a non factor, just a body they ice. Armia needs to pick up where he left off and Anderson will have to play physical. Evans and Pezzetta, upgrades are required.
If Pezz crashes and bangs every shift he is ok. Evans definitiely needs to be upgraded.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
No Brainer deal for us. Harris was expendable with Ghule, Matheson , Xhekaj, Hutson playing the left side . Cap space is not a factor for us this year . It’s a great gamble. If it works , we got a top 6 player with seize and got paid for it. If it doesn’t work, he’ll be tradable next year with only one yr left, especially with 50 % retention.

Our top 6 is quite unproven. But there is a lot of talent
Slafkovsky- 1st oa
Laine - 2nd oa
Dach- 3rd oa
Suzuki
Our 1st line did some great things last year so there's not much doubt they stay together. The second line is going to be suuuuuper interesting to watch (assuming they all stay healthy or somewhat health).

Laine - Dach - Newhook. The bandaid line.

I love the idea of it. Just have to stay on the ice for 40+ games.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
At this level of competency, if Hughes actually targets Askarov next I might spontaneously combust.
I'm insanely tempted lol. I wanted to take the rumored deal of him + picks the year we picked Reinbacher.

I love the idea of Fowler but will he be ready in time for when this team needs him? Is Askarov further along? Tough question. Glad I don't have to answer it.

Reactions: Omar

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The trade reads as this
Harris for a 2nd
Laine for cap space.

I'm not a Laine's fan but I'm ready to give him a chance.
I know Harris was not HFB's favorite but I liked him. A bit sad to see him go but we have plenty of good D's in the pipeline.

It will be interesting to see if St-Louis can ignite Laine and if he also can stay healthy.

Yeah staying healthy is critical for him. Hopefully he comes to camp ready to go.

I'm keeping my expectations low (25g & 25a). But, he can definitely get to a 75 pt level.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
After watching Bergevin for ten years and having the media and his defenders all say how hard it is to acquire talent, it is absolutely wild that Gorton and Hughes have added Laine, Monahan, Dach, Newhook, Slafkovsky, Matheson, Hutson, Demidov. With previous management, Suzuki and Caufield would be relied on for all the offense without any puck movers to feed them. Mailloux would be rushed and demoted once the rigours of playing over minutes as a young rookie took hold. It just feels good to see how much talent.

One thing though is they've done their due diligence with every player yet and it was a big part of the excellent Monahan acquisition.

Maybe it's the fact that I hated Bergevin with a passion....and still do but this management is simply the most impressive I've seen in the cap era. Some of the things they pulled is straight up voodoo stuff.

Now let's trade Armia, Savard, Dvorak and may we hope Anderson.......might get Draisaitl for that somehow :laugh:

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
That bottom six is putrid. If they want to compete next yr for a playoff spot, Dvorak needs to go. Armia turned it out after getting demoted. Anderson needs to play physical. Evans and Pezzetta don't cut it either.

Agreed it's very subpar and was a major weakness last season. Unfortunately it won't get better until next season when Roy and Newhook become main stays and you get rid of players like Dvorak

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal is in good shape next offseason cap wise. If Beck, Demidov, Hutson, and Reinbacher are on the roster in 2025-26, which I think is very possible, Montreal has 18 players signed at around $71 million (not including Price). Assuming the cap goes up to $91-$93 million that leaves $20-$22 million to sign 4-5 players - UFA’s or make trades to add NHL players. Thats with Price on LTIR.
Gamble may work out. But I am big on character. Why I think Hughes will flip Laine at deadline retained. Laine on pace for 30 goals at 4.4 million has good value.

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Montreal
I think they Identify long ago Harris as the d-man that should be dealt for a forward so i'm glad it is over for him.
Must suck really. He probably deserve a team that want him more.
I think Columbus would do Harris for and 2nd in 2026 in a heartbeat so Laine wasn't deal for negative value. He was dealt for little value.

Laine with his size vs recent shortcoming remind me of Thomas Vanek.

I'm not as hype as some of you here. You can do a lot with 8.7m
kinda like in 25-26 he will play out his last years of his contract at 27. Might wake up his fighting spirit one notch higher.

Reactions: Andy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad