Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Seider is Lamieux's highest profile player. He is still trying to make a name for himself as an agent. His biggest contract to date is T.Meier. This may drag out for a while.

May set the tone for the whole season.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
It'll get done in the next week or so, training camp is kind of the first deadline. After that, it's the first game of the year.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Seider is Lamieux's highest profile player. He is still trying to make a name for himself as an agent. His biggest contract to date is T.Meier. This may drag out for a while.

May set the tone for the whole season.

Getting your biggest client a good contract is good for business.

Getting into a pissing contest with your biggest client's GM and potentially jeopardizing a good contract is terrible for business.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
At what point do we gather the pitchforks and head to LCA?

We're here, where are you?????

Exactly. Lemieux owes Mac for going with that story years later that Lemieux didn't turtle, he was dazed from the first punch.

Having spoken with many turtles, they don't appreciate being mentioned as similar to Lemieux and as such it is a very sore subject for them.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What big FA signings did SY have in TB?

And I’m also of the mind that the more you play hardball, the more likely you’re going to have difficulties getting players in the future.

For 2010-11 season:
- LW Simon Gagne (was a trade for UFA rights for 4th + scrub)
- D Brett Clark
- D Marc-Andre Bergeron
- W Sean Bergenheim

Traded:
- 2nd for D Andrej Meszaros
- G Karri Rämö for G Cedrick Desjardins
- prospect D Ty Wishart for G Dwayne Roloson
- 3rd + prospect Brock Beukeboom for D Eric Brewer
- G Dan Ellis for G Curtis McElhinney

Also picked up W Mattias Ritola (DET) from waivers

So at first season, it was huge trade-fest, not so much of UFA-thing. Bolstered defence, and veteran leadership. And acquired 3 new goalies.

Team went from 80-point non-playoff team to 103-points and to Eastern Conference finals against Boston. Lost at Game7 for the oncoming 2011 Champions.

For 2011-12 season:
- LW Tom Pyatt
- D Bruno Gervais

Traded:
- D Brendan Mikkelson for W Blair Jones
- C Dominic Moore +7th to San Jose for 2nd
- RW Steve Downie for D Kyle Quincey for DET 1st
- D Matt Gilroy to Ottawa for D Brian Lee
- D Pavel Kubina for 2nd + 4th + Kalinski
- F Carter Ashton for D Keith Aulie

2011-12 team regressed back to a 84-point team out of the playoffs. Yzerman was mostly a seller, hoarding picks.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
there's still probably a good chance this all gets wrapped up over the weekend and contracts get signed early next week

....but it's starting to seem more like a tossup at best that this resolves before camp than a borderline sure thing like it did a month ago

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Hopefully the last Friday unsigned.

giphy.webp

• Love
Reactions: saska sault

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I kinda wish someone offer sheeted both of them the max for max draft pick compensation. We have a week to match or make deals to weaponize those draft picks.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Debrincat Larkin Kasper
Tarasenko Compher Kane
Mazur Copp Rasmussen
Motte Veleno Fischer
No bad for forwards, have no idea about defense, whatever I try , nothing is working

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Debrincat Larkin Kasper
Tarasenko Compher Kane
Mazur Copp Rasmussen
Motte Veleno Fischer
No bad for forwards, have no idea about defense, whatever I try , nothing is working

Cant see Kasper unless he has an unreal camp and I imagine Berggren makes the team as he would need to clear waivers unless there is a trade before then... that seems more likely to me. Mazur makes sense in a bottom 6 role, guess his main competition would be Watson whos on a PTO?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Debrincat Larkin Kasper
Tarasenko Compher Kane
Mazur Copp Rasmussen
Motte Veleno Fischer
Our forwards without Raymond on paper are still middle of the pack.
Our D without Seider is 32nd in the NHL.

This is now annoying. I'm still confident it gets done by October, but at this point it's a distraction and it's annoying.

Seider 8 x 8.4
Raymond 8x8.25
Berggren 1 x 925,000

there you go Yzerman, pay them what they are worth and stop screwing around

Reactions: Ulysses31

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Our forwards without Raymond on paper are still middle of the pack.
Our D without Seider is 32nd in the NHL.

This is now annoying. I'm still confident it gets done by October, but at this point it's a distraction and it's annoying.

Seider 8 x 8.4
Raymond 8x8.25
Berggren 1 x 925,000

there you go Yzerman, pay them what they are worth and stop screwing around

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad