Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Hard not to like this trade, Laine and a 2nd for Harris ( who i don't think is ever anything more then a 3rd pair guy)

If only Dach can stay healthy, that's the key. If so and guys like Hutson show they are major league then I might actually adjust my timeline for fighting for a playoff spot next year to this year.

Really excited now for the upcoming season.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm in awe at this top 6 honestly. It's amazing. I'm so happy, I can't wait for the season to start.

Laine-Suzuki-Slaf
Cole-Dach-Roy
Newhook-Dvorak-Armia
RHP-Evans-Gallagher
Pezz

I couldn't have asked for a better top 6 this year. Amazing after all these months of people telling me we didn't need to add a vet they did.

Just gotta fix the LD and RD situation now.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I can't believe it.. Hughes got Laine for even less than what we were offering on this forums..

LOL

Hughes took that cap space and dropped a nuclear bomb with it.

I feel like this is the ideal player with our strong team culture, development staff, development/process (and not results-focused) head coach and mental performance coach to work with.

Last edited:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He doesn't have to explain that, if they didn't see him already, there's something wrong, I prefer he focuses on what he brings, that's the important part.
Of course , nothing they've done yet has made me question their player evaluation so its all gravy , until something goes wrong it's impossible to complain

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Hard not to like this trade, Laine and a 2nd for Harris ( who i don't think is ever anything more then a 3rd pair guy)

If only Dach can stay healthy, that's the key. If so and guys like Hutson show they are major league then I might actually adjust my timeline for fighting for a playoff spot next year to this year.

Really excited now for the upcoming season.

There was a poll recently asking where we think Habs ends the year, voted bottom-10 like many people... but yeah, if Laine fits, and like you said Dach manages to stay healthy, we'll definitely be better than that.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
:DD:banana: I'm so happy we got Laine, I've made lots of post here
over the years wishing Habs would get him....

Its a huge win for Habs, and a great place for Laine.
The Habs dressing room is a great environment for him, and
with a head coach who will let him play his game. I say look out
Habs are gonna make some noise this season!!!

I hope Kent can get him extended before the end of the 2 yrs.

Welcome to Montreal Laine!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Shout out to Jeff Gorton for hiring Kent Hughes. This fabled franchise is finally in good hands.

Every time something happens I have that twinge of oh f*** this is gonna be bad. We shouldn't do this unless its like this and I feel like it'd Bergevin PTSD.

He always hits it out of the park. I didn't want Laine for a number of risk factors. But when you get paid to take him and alleviate the LD long jam in the same move? Those risk factors become minute and mitigated.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Dammit I hate summer at this point in the year when nobody is talking about this on any sports news networks in French or English. How lazy are these guys? Why is Overdrive talking about the freaking CFL non stop? lol

Reactions: HabsQC

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Just coming in to write a couple things.

1 - I was wrong when I wrote that I didn’t think Laine would be acquired by this management. The fact that the CBJ allowed the Habs brass to speak with him before the deal was made is incredible. Shows how little value he had around the league and how much Waddell simply wanted to move on from the contract.

2 - the price that was paid to acquire Laine makes the deal a no brainer. Harris is a serviceable defenseman, but his departure clears up room on a jammed Habs blueline, while ADDING a second round pick for getting the best player in the trade? Phenomenal move.

3 - Kent Hughes is the best GM we’ve had in a very very long time. He takes calculated risks in his trades, while maximizing his cap space to get the best value/return possible. He identifies and gives out fair long term contracts to core players, and drafts talent with an eye for building a decade down the road. Has incredible short, middle and long term vision on how a franchise should be put together.

4 - It feels like Gorton/Hughes/MSL are building something very special here, and players league wide are starting to see Montreal as a premier destination again. The word is out, and guys feel valued here, while appreciating management’s commitment to being welcoming, honest and transparent. It’s wonderful to see as a long suffering Habs fan.

5 - welcome to Montreal, Mr Laine!!!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Life is so funny..

Dubois goes to the Kings for someone's ransom price.

We get Laine for thrift store prices.

What a world we live in.

Hats off to Kent & co, we're going to be contenders with this front office.
NHL trade compensation is all about $$$$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad