Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Boom. Worth a shot. It's 2 yrs and at no cost really other than salary.
If it works out it's a resign, if not he is gone. Like it.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
How so?

He was correct that the people who were making up rumours were indeed just making them up. Engels is a very good reporter and he didn't rule out this trade as he just pointed out legitimate reasons why it was unlikely. Just because something happened does not in any way infer that it was likely all along.
He's a clown.

Reactions: electron58

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This.

So glad it actually happened. We could have not only 2, but 3 really good lines next year, plus a good 4th line.

There are many ways to slice it. Here is one:

Caufield - Suzuki - Salf
Laine - Dach - Dvo/Andy/Gally (yes Dvo can be the digger on this line)
Roy - Newhook - Armia (were sick together last year)
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson (can complain about the price tag, but that's a damn good 4th line)
Pez

It was always a question of how important not retaining/taking on salary was to Columbus - it turns out it was very important.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Slaf: 6'3" & 230 lbs
Dach: 6'4" & 216 lbs
Laine: 6'5" & 216 lbs

Hughes adding size for the Top-6.

Then you have Suzuki who is 5'11" & 212 lbs, and is also one of the iron men in the NHL right now.

And you still have Armia (6'4" & 218 lbs) and Anderson (6'3" & 220 lbs).
I guess we've officially lost the nickname "Smurfs" now. That's a lot of beef.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I do have a bit of a mea culpa to take here, I didn't think Harris had much value around the league but clearly CBJ specifically liked him.

Harris will do well. Must not have been easy having so much competition and constantly being afraid to get sent down/demoted.
It's funny, I think in the Laine thread I said I'd do Harris for Laine but that'd be it. I think I might've said we should ask for a pick back but I can't remember.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Finally, a replacement for Tanner Pearson!

The trade seems fine, didn't seem like Jordan Harris had a future with the team, beyond that it's just $$$ and only for two years.

Early in his career he looked to become one of the top snipers in the league but since then it's been a very bumpy ride (i.e. 43 games played average in the last 3 years).

As long as the expectations are kept in line and he is able to fit in with the group, he's sure to be motivated to prove himself.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Slaf: 6'3" & 230 lbs
Dach: 6'4" & 216 lbs
Laine: 6'5" & 216 lbs

Hughes adding size for the Top-6.

Then you have Suzuki who is 5'11" & 212 lbs, and is also one of the iron men in the NHL right now.

And you still have Armia (6'4" & 218 lbs) and Anderson (6'3" & 220 lbs).
You can also add Demidov at 6ft1 and 192 Ibs. He is probably going to end up around 200 Ibs by next year with the Habs. Caufield is pretty much the only small forward in the top 6.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Me diving into the main boards ready for battle after getting caught up on this thread

giphy.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
We had Laine here in Winnipeg and he is a very likeable guy . Was troubled with what has happened to him { going into the assistance program } but playing for Torts would put a lot of guys there .
I hope he works out for you guys for his sake and yours . Best of luck .

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hard for Hughes to explain to the reporters why Laine is so dogmeat defensively and how he can flip the switch. Let's hope for the best. If Hughes believes ill believe too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad