Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Some people get motivated by spotlight
Those are the exact players we should target. It's the type of players who won't crumble from the pressure and will thrive on it. There's a reason why players like Kovalev and Subban are iconic in the fan base, it's because they embraced the spotlight and backed it up with big time players when the spotlight was the brightest.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
And Hage, with the background story to go with it.

Feels like we're a top club again already, even if we aren't on ice yet. Is this what it feels like to a New York Rangers fan?
Yeah, when Demigod comes over, this team could be very fun to watch.

Seeing DOA here in Sept btw. At a small club so should be extra fun

• Love
Reactions: Habs13

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Whats really telling is we are repeatedly being told of players being sold on this long term vision Hughes and Gorton have. We rarely heard that when Bergevin signed players or traded for them.

It shows how good of a job Hughes and Gorton are doing in selling a vision and the fact that there is a clear one players can see themselves in.
100%

It continues to amaze me how many fans are oblivious to it. I get rival fan bases missing the boat, but for those who follow the team daily, I don't get the blinders.

This is a culture of excellence being methodically built, one astute move at a time.

Future is bright 😎

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Those are the exact players we should target. It's the type of players who won't crumble from the pressure and will thrive on it. There's a reason why players like Kovalev and Subban are iconic in the fan base, it's because they embraced the spotlight and backed it up with big time players when the spotlight was the brightest.
Yup we want DOGS

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Maybe there is something I’m not seeing but this looks to be an absolute steal from Hughes.

I'm as excited as anyone (this news might make me watch the habs this year), but
- he costs 8.7M for two years
- hasn't played 60 games in a season since 2019-20 (and only 18 last season)
- hasn't scored 30 goals since 2018-19 (regardless of pace... since he's not available)
- + perceived attitude issues,
- + he went to the NHL's support program (wether fair or not, how many players do we publicly hear go through these programs and getting back in superstar shape?)

Looooots of red flags and unknown, it's gamble, but a worthwhile one given Montreal's position

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Engels gonna have a lot of damage control to do lol

How so?

He was correct that the people who were making up rumours were indeed just making them up. Engels is a very good reporter and he didn't rule out this trade as he just pointed out legitimate reasons why it was unlikely. Just because something happened does not in any way infer that it was likely all along.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
Agreed! I think there's a good chance Slaf, Suzuki and Caufield rub off on him in the exact way he needs. Add to it that management has stated clearly they aren't expecting the world from him and those chances look even better!

Reactions: Andy and donghabs98

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Oh no, there goes HuGo's salary cap structure.

Attachments

• tenor (1).gif
    tenor (1).gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I see people making mentions of Eric Engels having some damage control on something he said earlier about Laine? What is it about?
He poo-pooed it and said there’s nothing there

Of course he won’t eat any crow, he’ll just say things changed over the weekend etc etc

But most of us knew that Hughes had intentions for the summer and even if some started losing faith it was too logical for the Habs to make a move for Laine.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad