Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsCowboysOwn

60M/yr bum QB, 4 more wasted years here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Hughes said they told Patrick that they don’t care if he scores 20 or 40. They want him to contribute to the vision of the team and help them move forward as a young team
Couldn't think of a better environment for him -- fresh start in a non-shithole city surrounded by young studs and competent, humane management/staff.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Whats really telling is we are repeatedly being told of players being sold on this long term vision Hughes and Gorton have. We rarely heard that when Bergevin signed players or traded for them.

It shows how good of a job Hughes and Gorton are doing in selling a vision and the fact that there is a clear one players can see themselves in.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Maybe there is something I’m not seeing but this looks to be an absolute steal from Hughes.
It’s only a steal because Kent didn’t dither away cap space and had a team poised for such a move.

Even if it doesn’t work out in the end as a “steal”, it was a great move to make at this time. Barring a stratospheric rise in Jordan Harris’ ability to play hockey, there is little impact to the Habs and lots of potential upside.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
One of the truly rare occasions where a player we discussed heavily on and were linked to actually pans out.

RIP to the Dubois and Zegras to Montreal threads.
I was thinking earlier in the summer it would have been interesting if Hughes brought in Laine and Dubois in separate trades, while sending Gallagher and Anderson the other way...

Zegras would look good on a line with Dach and Laine.

Reactions: donghabs98

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

He talked about working hard in the summer to keep trying to be a centre but I'm sure Montreal will tell him it isn't necessary.
They had him at C ? Steal possibilities just went up

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The big cap hit, lowered PL's value.......if he scores 30 goals it's an insane steal.

Oh for sure, I get the cap hit is high and right now given his recent history, value is low but Columbus basically paid us to take him. I liked Harris, but we’re loaded on the left side and truly don’t see him in more than a 5/6 guy. Laine may not work out but right now, seems like an insane steal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe there is something I’m not seeing but this looks to be an absolute steal from Hughes.
It's weird no one else in the league wanted to make a better offer. With the cap recently going up, a lot of teams have cap space.

Reactions: windycity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad