Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Still kinda of surprised this actually happened given how often we discuss these big names and nothing happens. And doing it while getting a good pick, clearing up the D logjam, and making our 2nd line extremely dangerous (Regardless of who plays there) is pretty smooth on Hughes part.

And I believe this also means we are using Price's LTIR meaning we are better off spending as much of it as possible so we might have another move on the way.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I remember watching him the year he scored 44 and saying to myself that he was as good as Matthews. Obviously that isn't the case but he is big, can flat out skate and his shot is as good as any player in the league. With MSL and the culture in that locker room I hope he gets that lethality back.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I can anticipate that Laine will view this trade as redemptive and make the most of the opportunity, especially with a Hart winner and exceptional motivator as a coach. If he can stay healthy, he will get a kick out of playing for this team. And if Hutson sticks around and forces his way onto PP1, it will rain a torrent of shots at the goalmouth.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Even last year i mean he was pacing for 27 goals and 41 points considering how weak the Jackets center line was it was not that bad. I mean look at Gaudreau's stats last year it was his worse season in career. When Dach is heahtly we actually have a more than decent center line.
Even worst, Cbus tried to make Laine into a centerman. Considering that, his production was « ok ».

HabsCowboysOwn

60M/yr bum QB, 4 more wasted years here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Yeah I'll never forgive him for wasting Carey Prices prime
Added Flynn and Mitchell to our anemic offense at the 2015 trade deadline and said go to work Carey, that's when he lost me for good. I hope watching Hughes cook and do what he never could makes him feel like the incompetent clown he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad