Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Sooooooo….. IF Dach and Laine both play around 60 games this season , with Burrowes not controlling the pp any more, can we predict that we’ll score more goals on the pp?
Can we predict that we will lose less than 36 games by 1 goal during the season

Is a 92 pts season now possible?
Dare I say it ????! Or are we not allowed to use the P word?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
BargainBin would have traded Caufield and a 2nd for Laine. This deal is almost Sam Pollackesque. Great deal even if it doesn't work out
Not all deals work out. What you don't want is a deal that was clearly doomed from the start eg Gomez trade. There will be no regrets on this one. Makes perfect sense for us. Harris turns into a no.3D, so be it.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Maybe Askarov next? I remember the habs were said to have interest in him during his draft year.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would have thought Hughes would be giving up a 2nd and Jordan Harris, and that Columbus would be retaining at least 1.2M so that Laine's salary came in below Suzuki's.

Is it official that Columbus isn't retaining anything?

But really looking forward to what Hughes will do with that 2nd in 2026.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Fv55HH8.gif

Hope to see a few of these snipes.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe Askarov next? I remember the habs were said to have interest in him during his draft year.
The Preds are said to be looking for young RD's and C's.

Maybe Barron, Kapanen, or Beck + FLA 1st + ?

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I remember watching him the year he scored 44 and saying to myself that he was as good as Matthews. Obviously that isn't the case but he is big, can flat out skate and his shot is as good as any player in the league. With MSL and the culture in that locker room I hope he gets that lethality back.

Yes, during that game when Laine and Matthews went toe to toe with multiple goals and Laine scored an OT winner, it looked like Laine was going to be a 50 goal man on the regular.

I would not have made this deal in real life or on my PS3 but considering the assets involved I can’t fault HuGo for rolling the dice. We all wanted to turn our surplus of dmen into forwards

Reactions: Tyson

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
It would not surprise me in the least.I don't think Zegras ,McGroarity(sp) or even the newly signed Necas are out of the question.A move for Laine clearly signals they are moving this ship ahead for a run at the playoffs.

Reactions: Max2

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Ok, I'm officially on Hugo's bandwagon.

This is a front office that does not sit on its hands and actually builds a team instead. They could have taken the path of least resistance and reduced the rebuild to aimlessly acquiring picks and prospects and yet they didn't. They speak openly about what they want to improve and then go out and make actual deals to make it happen. The actions match the narrative.

Oh, and did I mention that the price paid here is absolutely negligible?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad