Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Wtf, build hughes a statue
1724101136985.png

It's being worked on as we speak. ;)

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Wow, I have been on a Laine train for a long time even going back to last season. I'm very happy.
Considering the cost this is a slam dunk, regarless, of what Harris or Laine do...

1) We get someone legit to play with Dach or in the top 6
2) We can still trade way Dvorak, Savard for so assets
3) A CBJ 2nd pick will be a early 2nd round pick
4) Harris was clearly the odd man out, if someone had to be traded he would have been unanimous choice over Barron, Mailloux, Reinbacher who are RD Hutson, Xhekaj, Engstrom who all yopunger and bring something special with either size or offence potential...

To me Harris for Laine +2nd (which will be a early 2nd) would have been too good to be true...
Best case scenario I expected Dvorak + Harris or Barron + 2nd for Laine.

People just need to lower expectation we aren't getting 44G Laine, we just need him to be better than Newhook or who ever our #4/5 FW will be.
That being said I think that him and Dach will be a great duo.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Drouin.
It sort of can't, Laine doesn't have a local connection and he's not being brought in to play a position he's never been able to play. I'm not sure he's the answer to the habs top 6, not enough defense, rarely healthy, and substance issues, but he's better than anyone else the habs could put out there.

Harris is underrated, though. They probably won't specifically miss him, but they may do a bit worse than they expect and wonder why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad