Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Anyone hear Aaron Portzline the CBJ beat reporter talk about how he doesn’t think Laine will change his ways? Some other interesting tidbits in this interview like how his teammates asked management to trade him

Way overblown...............ask Adam Fantilli.
The Jackets have been accused by their new GM of having a $hit culture, so..................
Laine will be fine in Montreal, and if they can win a few where he scores early in the season things could be looking up a season before we were all expecting.

A healthy Laine, and of course Dach will go a long way to having a good team this year, and next.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes. I easily see Laine become a longtime Habs. He have better health mental, better environnement, best coach he played so far with MSL, all things are there to see Laine put his best seasons with Habs.

He have no more time with "Fortnite", he just build a program mental with his wife.

I can easily a contract like 6 years, 7//7,5 per year after his 2 years. He will prove that he is a fantastic teammate.

I wouldn’t call MSL the best coach he had when he was coach by John Tortorella and Paul Maurice, 2 coach with 700 + win and Stanley Cup champion

And what kind of production your expecting from Laine if you expect that contact ?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes. I easily see Laine become a longtime Habs. He have better health mental, better environnement, best coach he played so far with MSL, all things are there to see Laine put his best seasons with Habs.

He have no more time with "Fortnite", he just build a program mental with his wife.

I can easily a contract like 6 years, 7//7,5 per year after his 2 years. He will prove that he is a fantastic teammate.

This is the ideal scenario, and the reason I wanted to take a flyer on Laine.

We've brought in talented players in the past with mixed results. Ex: Kovalev, Kovalchuk, Semin, Monahan, Gurianov, Hemsky, etc... Laine is a huge talent. But he's been on the decline, at least injury wise and number of games played, if not in other ways. There is no guarantee he can get healthy.

We've also seen, league wide, talented players put up big numbers early in their careers, only to take a nose dive in their production and never recover. Kuznetsov, Spezza, Tyler Seguin come to mind.

So while I hope the ideal scenario happens with Laine, I'm prepared to live with a bad contract for 2 years if it ends up going that way. Nice to get the 2nd, and nice take a chance on getting a world class talent and goal scorer.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
This is the ideal scenario, and the reason I wanted to take a flyer on Laine.

We've brought in talented players in the past with mixed results. Ex: Kovalev, Kovalchuk, Semin, Monahan, Gurianov, Hemsky, etc... Laine is a huge talent. But he's been on the decline, at least injury wise and number of games played, if not in other ways. There is no guarantee he can get healthy.

We've also seen, league wide, talented players put up big numbers early in their careers, only to take a nose dive in their production and never recover. Kuznetsov, Spezza, Tyler Seguin come to mind.

So whole I hope the ideal scenario happens with Laine, I'm prepared to live with a bad contract for 2 years if it ends up going that way. Nice to get the 2nd, and nice take a chance on getting a world class talent and goal scorer.
Sometimes you have to swing for the fences to jump start a franchise's trajectory. Laine constitutes a classic example of assuming a calculated risk: huge upside and limited downside. As the song says: who could ask for anything more?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I wouldn’t call MSL the best coach he had when he was coach by John Tortorella and Paul Maurice, 2 coach with 700 + win and Stanley Cup champion

And what kind of production your expecting from Laine if you expect that contact ?
65-70 pts warrants a contract like that unless there is a return to a flat cap.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Agree and I’m not sure I would want to sign Laine long terme and if he only brings 60-65 pts. Prefer getting a player that will bring more on the table
If it’s 35 goals, 30 assists. This is top 6 player. His next contract will kick in at 28 years old. I mean, it always depend of the average per year he wants. But, I would sign him 5/6 years at the right pricr. At one point we need goal. Ryder wasnt the most spectacular without his shot. But at the end, he was able to do the most difficult thing to do, scoring goal, thats what we need in Laine

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If it’s 35 goals, 30 assists. This is top 6 player. His next contract will kick in at 28 years old. I mean, it always depend of the average per year he wants. But, I would sign him 5/6 years at the right pricr. At one point we need goal. Ryder wasnt the most spectacular without his shot. But at the end, he was able to do the most difficult thing to do, scoring goal, thats what we need in Laine
Don’t disagree but we won’t be able to sign all the top 6 at 7m + so we will need to make choices and Laine is the one I would sacrifice.

If he scores 40 goals and + and becomes our best goal scorer, then it will be an other conversation but he will cost at least 9m and +

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Agree and I’m not sure I would want to sign Laine long terme and if he only brings 60-65 pts. Prefer getting a player that will bring more on the table
Nobody puts up points anymore. 65-70 is probably top 40 in the league. They would have to make every attempt to sign him. Suzuki was 33rd with 77 pts.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Don’t disagree but we won’t be able to sign all the top 6 at 7m + so we will need to make choices and Laine is the one I would sacrifice.

If he scores 40 goals and + and becomes our best goal scorer, then it will be an other conversation but he will cost at least 9m and +
Generally speaking having your top-6 cost 7m each is actually a great position to be in (Assuming they are actually good). We are currently spending nearly 57m on forwards. So take out that 36m for a top-6 that averages 7m per player and you've got 21 m for your bottom 6 which is actually quite a lot, if you've done it properly and are paying your 4th line + extras an average of 1.5m then your third line can average 4.5m each which is more then enough.

Obviously having Anderson and Gallagher with us complicates matters somewhat since they would still be in their final year when a potential Laine extension would kick in alongside Dach also getting a new deal but helping matters out would be Demidov still on his ELC which drives down the average cost of the top-6 plus some likely cap rises + Price's 10m being off the book so it is certainly doable. The real question is whether Laine will earn an extension or not.

Reactions: DAChampion

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Don't count Tortorella. Our team was in terrible shape in the 2020/21 season. No one coach would help us.

Way overblown...............ask Adam Fantilli.
The Jackets have been accused by their new GM of having a $hit culture, so..................
Laine will be fine in Montreal, and if they can win a few where he scores early in the season things could be looking up a season before we were all expecting.

A healthy Laine, and of course Dach will go a long way to having a good team this year, and next.
Portzline said only about 2020/21 season but nothing about others. And it isn't anything new because he already said it after that season. Btw, PL has good relationship with Werenski and Atkinson. Also Jenner, our captain, was not among these players who wanted PL's trade if believe Porty.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Waddell said on radio Montreal was only team interested. But don't know for sure. Lavoie not my top media member.
Pretty sure Waddell said MTL was the only team to be willing to take the full cap hit, maybe they were also the last team interested but also said at one point that if he would retain he would have been moved already….
It isn’t crazy to think that he had team on in NTC that might have been interested and he didn’t feel like those weren’t good situations for and and wouldn’t waive.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The one really bad year Laine had coincides with him abruptly losing his dad. At 22 year old losing his dad without warning was something most of us couldn't handle.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The one really bad year Laine had coincides with him abruptly losing his dad. At 22 year old losing his dad without warning was something most of us couldn't handle.

Exactly. That's very difficult to lose his dad at any age, but 22 years old, that's very young.

Laine is a great person, great teammate, but the concerns it's only mental and health. At this moment, mental looks very very good. Will see, if he is going to stay healthy and play 70 games++ per year.

Habs don't acquire a bad guy or bad teammate, only a guy with some struggles, that's it.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

I rather pay my top 6 the money they need then overpay on the bottom 6. Give me anybody on the fourth line at 800k and im gonna be allright with it. As exemple, Jake Evans will probably ask for a raise. I rather let him go, thans giving 2,5 on a 4th liner.

Reactions: Sorinth

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
IMG_2102.jpeg

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Everyone will see his high offensive talent. He isn't just a elite goalscorer. This guy have magic hands and great passing ability aswell.

The best pure talent since, Radulov, Kovalev and Demidov.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I rather pay my top 6 the money they need then overpay on the bottom 6. Give me anybody on the fourth line at 800k and im gonna be allright with it. As exemple, Jake Evans will probably ask for a raise. I rather let him go, thans giving 2,5 on a 4th liner.

Personally, I prefer to pay my #3 center then my 6th player on my top 6 and we need to pay our top 4 and our #1 G who are more important.

Plus I would want to add a little bit of toughness in our top 6

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Defencemen and goaltenders exist too. I personally would like to get or retain ones that can help them win a cup. Not trying to be the Toronto Maple Leafs over here.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Why even write this? the homerism is getting out of hand.

Laine stopped playing video games because KevSkillz said so.

Laine gets his best season ever! Puts 100 points and signs for 7.5 long term because man go habs go woo hoo

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
it wasn't a segment. It was a conversation playing golf.

Wow enfin, le dieu du hockey pascal vincent nous dit la vérité, sérieux tout le quebec attendait que Mr Vincent parle , très important comme opinion , on peux dormir tranquil maintenant qu'on sais ce que le genie de hockey quebecois pascal vincent pense , merci.

Je vais vraiment mieux dormir maintenant merci Mr Vincent , Merci BPM spannnre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad