Value of: Patrick Kane to NYR.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Lol, no one is going touching any 2010 Blackhawk asset right now at any price.
Wanna bet? Have you seen the players still in the NFL? Deshaun Watson hasn’t been booted from the league yet and he sexually assaulted 22 women.

This situation is nothing compared to that. The old boys club aren’t going to care about this as long as Kane is a terrific player, which he is.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Ryan Strome had a higher PPG average last season than Brayden Point, Jack Eichel, Evgeni Malkin, Mathew Barzal, and Elias Pettersson

And Kravtsov is a speedy 21 year old winger with loads of offensive potential

You don't have to like the proposal, but it serves no purpose to be disingenuous about the value of the incoming players
Lol

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Your insistence on being contrarian to anything I say does not augur well for you.

Math does not lie.
Neither Strome is affordable beyond this season.
Deal him or he walks a la Tavares for nothing.

End of story.
Admit that. Capitulate to that reality.
I picked up on your obsession with upgrading from Strome, while you try to paint him as a game breaker. It is a broken record.
Every team's salary structure is a matter of opinion.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

"I picked up on your obsession with upgrading from Strome,"
It's called not waiting til the last minute given what is inevitable, just like Buch, and getting more now due to longer term on expiring contract.
No obsession, except your epic fail to take me down.

"while you try to paint him as a game breaker."
Never said nor implied that.
He is what he is, a productive 2C who can play w/1C level Ws, is righty shot, can pinch hit at W.
On a good cap hit.
He is worth supply and demand, with market price impacted by bids.

"It is a broken record."
Sez you.

"Every team's salary structure is a matter of opinion."
No it is not.
Math does not lie.
cap is a fact
your subjective, erroneous statement is not

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Strome only has a year left on his contract. Good 2C if you want someone more offensive minded.

Imo he’ll test free agency when his contract is done because there will be some stupid team that’ll overpay him.

His trade value is probably around a 2nd + decent prospect at the deadline. Or a very late 1st.

Underrated player. Certainly not a Core piece for inquiring teams though. But for salary purposes, if a big trade is made involving the Rangers, he pretty much has to be included.

Having says that, Kane to the Rangers is like seasoning your peanut butter cup with olive oil and oregano. It makes absolutely no sense.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
"I picked up on your obsession with upgrading from Strome,"
It's called not waiting til the last minute given what is inevitable, just like Buch, and getting more now due to longer term on expiring contract.
No obsession, except your epic fail to take me down.

"while you try to paint him as a game breaker."
Never said nor implied that.
He is what he is, a productive 2C who can play w/1C level Ws, is righty shot, can pinch hit at W.
On a good cap hit.
He is worth supply and demand, with market price impacted by bids.

"It is a broken record."
Sez you.

"Every team's salary structure is a matter of opinion."
No it is not.
Math does not lie.
cap is a fact
your subjective, erroneous statement is not
The carnival barker in you never strays far from the surface. Older post search is down right now, which saves you. BTW, what is incorrect about every team's salary structure is a matter of opinion? The number is set, but the disposition of its segments is variable. Other fans may see Strome as a core player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The carnival barker in you never strays far from the surface. Older post search is down right now, which saves you. BTW, what is incorrect about every team's salary structure is a matter of opinion? The number is set, but the disposition of its segments is variable. Other fans may see Strome as a core player.

It's not an opinion in that whatever anyone's opinion is about how they want to shape the roster, that want is subordinate to the ability to pay for it --- which in NHL terms is usually less being able to cut the paycheck, but complying with the cap each and every team must observe, without fail, or suffer drastic penalties.

It's not that difficult to understand.
So instead of taking issue with me, just capitulate and admit to it.

As to Strome, his inevitable impending exit is not due to production but those same cap limitations. Another club is the beneficiary.
NY should not be self renting this guy.
He has increased value as a rental w/more, not less term on his expiring deal.
Retain ups his value even more.

NY needs roster space for other guys who also deserve mins

Sell high on Strome

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
It's not an opinion in that whatever anyone's opinion is about how they want to shape the roster, that want is subordinate to the ability to pay for it --- which in NHL terms is usually less being able to cut the paycheck, but complying with the cap each and every team must observe, without fail, or suffer drastic penalties.

It's not that difficult to understand.
So instead of taking issue with me, just capitulate and admit to it.

As to Strome, his inevitable impending exit is not due to production but those same cap limitations. Another club is the beneficiary.
NY should not be self renting this guy.
He has increased value as a rental w/more, not less term on his expiring deal.
Retain ups his value even more.

NY needs roster space for other guys who also deserve mins

Sell high on Strome
At this point, you are arguing with yourself. I hope he resigns with you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad