Value of: Patrick Kane to NYR.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kane is insanely good, I don't understand how people are underestimating him. He's easily worth 2 1st's and a b prospect to a good team.

This would be with retention of about 3 mil through the next 2 years.

Issue is not how good he is/isn't
It's the opportunity cost of dealing w/first things first, our young core, and we need effin cap room for that, and if we ignore that now it will cost us a lot more one way or another to get it.

A Kane or any other high end add is ONLY a good idea if NYR has not just blue chips [sufficient for its own needs] but a legit surplus of them. That is not the case. And even then, you must still be able to juggle cap.
Breadman is worth every penny.
Trouba is productive, but it's not that he is worth 6.5 of his 8, it's that his number is 8 in a hard cap situation.

While I would listen with an open mind just in case somebody can surprise me, I don't see any big salary deal to NY unless Trouba waives, which won't happen this yr. Next season if we are lucky.

Are you high?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Kane is insanely good, I don't understand how people are underestimating him. He's easily worth 2 1st's and a b prospect to a good team.

He is worth more than that

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
No way the Hawks trade away one of their best players of all time while he is still productive. They certainly wouldn't trade him for NYR's leftovers and middle of the pack draft picks.

I don't see the fit for NYR either, they're supposed to be a dangerous team offensively with Panarin, Zibanejad and others.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Patrick Kane makes zero sense for the Rangers. On the wrong side of 30 and a huge cap hit and that’s not even mentioning what the asking price might be.

No thanks.

I’d explore a trade for Dylan Strome depending on what the asking price would be.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You're not seriously asking me if I was comparing Strome to those players are you?

It was clearly meant to refute the claim that Strome wasn't a solid asset...

He’s really not as a trade asset.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Ryan Strome had a higher PPG average last season than Brayden Point, Jack Eichel, Evgeni Malkin, Mathew Barzal, and Elias Pettersson

And Kravtsov is a speedy 21 year old winger with loads of offensive potential

You don't have to like the proposal, but it serves no purpose to be disingenuous about the value of the incoming players
Your offer was one of the worst serious offers I’ve seen on this website. Congrats on the achievement

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Patrick Kane makes zero sense for the Rangers. On the wrong side of 30 and a huge cap hit and that’s not even mentioning what the asking price might be.

No thanks.

I’d explore a trade for Dylan Strome depending on what the asking price would be.

Agree except last sentence.
We are already looking to unload one Strome we can't afford, we should not be adding the other.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Now with the circumstances in Chicago .Kane may ask for a trade to get away from the turmoil and allegations .Plus the team struggles and that things don't look promising with the current standings .He may ask to be traded to a contender or a team with more upside.
NYR
Patrick Kane
Dylan Strome

CHI
2022 1st round pick and 2nd round pick
2023 1st round pick and 3rd round pick
Chris Krieder

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Now with the circumstances in Chicago .Kane may ask for a trade to get away from the turmoil and allegations .Plus the team struggles and that things don't look promising with the current standings .He may ask to be traded to a contender or a team with more upside.
NYR
Patrick Kane
Dylan Strome

CHI
2022 1st round pick and 2nd round pick
2023 1st round pick and 3rd round pick
Chris Krieder
That price is a little too steep on draft picks. If NYR were trading for Kane, I'd imagine prospects were included. I don't think they trade away Kreider. Organization seems to love him. What's Strome's value in this trade?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The Trouba contract, huh?
If Trouba current play (under a new coach) continues through-out the season, we won't be too concerned with the cap hit, at least for now. He's been very good. If it doesn't continue, yeah, we'll be back to pounding our fist at that one.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I'd make a deal similar to that.

2022 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick and Kravtsov for Kane @ 7m ?

Or maybe a lesser prospect than Kravtsov in the deal and 2 1st rounders?

Is there any possibility at all of Kane being available? I feel like if Chicago was going to trade him (or Toews) they wouldn't have made some of their recent moves but with a new GM you never know. Still think Kane isn't going anywhere.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
But he was a 5OA pick. Ryan looks good in your colors.

Your insistence on being contrarian to anything I say does not augur well for you.

Math does not lie.
Neither Strome is affordable beyond this season.
Deal him or he walks a la Tavares for nothing.

End of story.
Admit that. Capitulate to that reality.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'd rather acquire Toews. NYR could use his faceoff, PK prowess, and leadership.

Chytil
Kravtsov
2022 1st
2022 2nd

the 2022 2nd becomes a 2023 first if Chi retains some.

awkward-cringe.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad