Value of: Patrick Kane to NYR.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
you're not seriously comparing Strome to those players are you? Barzal's worst season is barely worse than Stromes good ones (which he's had 2 of, coincidentally coming after playing with Panarin)

and isn't it a bit disingenuous to add Eichel here?

Strome IS a good player, but I would imagine if you put all those in the same draft, I bet I can predict who the last one picked would be

You're not seriously asking me if I was comparing Strome to those players are you?

It was clearly meant to refute the claim that Strome wasn't a solid asset...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
ah.. that'd make more sense

harder apples to apples comp tho, one being a forward the other a dman

that being said, I'm not sure I'm ready to call Fox a better player than Kane. REALLY good? yes.. Kane has been incredible his whole career tho.. tough call

A case could certainly be made that Fox is the better player at this point...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
To New York: Kane (50% retained), Lankinen

To Chicago: Strome, Kravtsov, Georgiev, STL's 2022 2nd

Rangers get an elite 1st line RW for the next 2 seasons at half his cap hit, plus a cheap backup goalie in Lankinen

Chicago get a decent replacement for Kane in their top 6 with Strome, an offensively gifted 21 year old winger in Kravtsov, a backup goalie in Georgiev who's still under team control beyond this season and has shown flashes of potential as a starter, plus a 2022 2nd rd pick
No thanks from the hawks

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Imagine making a trade for Kane, which would require a good offer, so that you can bolster your powerplay...

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
The Hawks aren’t trading Kane.

This team is the drizzling shits and one of the reasons fans come out to the UC and buy beer is to see Kane. That right there, is enough to not trade him.

Now if he requested a trade, and NY was the only option, I think the Hawks would be more interested in Kakko with the style they think they kind of play. No way is Laff going back or Fox, this isn’t a 25 year old Kane.

Kane for Kakko and a first with retention on Kane would probably be the ask

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The Hawks aren’t trading Kane.

This team is the drizzling shits and one of the reasons fans come out to the UC and buy beer is to see Kane. That right there, is enough to not trade him.

Now if he requested a trade, and NY was the only option, I think the Hawks would be more interested in Kakko with the style they think they kind of play. No way is Laff going back or Fox, this isn’t a 25 year old Kane.

Kane for Kakko and a first with retention on Kane would probably be the ask
how about Kakko and Kravs?

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
how about Kakko and Kravs?
With the way the Hawks need a first next year, I think they would value that more then an excellent prospect in Kravs.

As stupid as that sounds, they would much rather have the pick. Me personally, if Kane wanted out and that was the offer, I’d take it and run. Kravs still has a ton of potential

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
With the way the Hawks need a first next year, I think they would value that more then an excellent prospect in Kravs.

As stupid as that sounds, they would much rather have the pick. Me personally, if Kane wanted out and that was the offer, I’d take it and run. Kravs still has a ton of potential
the only reason I think this might work is both (on the NYR side) are high draft picks that seem to be having problems getting traction. I think one, if not both, will turn out to be regular NHL'ers, but one (or both) MIGHT not meet expectations. such is the way of life with prospects.
so maybe it is appealing to:
NYR - proven goal scorer, appealing if they think their window is the next 3-5 yrs
CHI - so high drafted prospects that would get the ice time they may need to get that traction they're not able to in NY

not appealing to:
NYR - Kane's age and cap hit (duh)
CHI - fan favorite, still a very productive player, puts fans in the seats

risks for:
NYR - sure, every team needs prospects, and their cheap caps, to fill rosters and grow. some do, some do not. do they hang on too long?
CHI - chance to add to their young roster with some 'potentially' talented youngsters. are they passing this opportunity up?

all this is just my opinion, so take it for what it is

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
the only reason I think this might work is both (on the NYR side) are high draft picks that seem to be having problems getting traction. I think one, if not both, will turn out to be regular NHL'ers, but one (or both) MIGHT not meet expectations. such is the way of life with prospects.
so maybe it is appealing to:
NYR - proven goal scorer, appealing if they think their window is the next 3-5 yrs
CHI - so high drafted prospects that would get the ice time they may need to get that traction they're not able to in NY

not appealing to:
NYR - Kane's age and cap hit (duh)
CHI - fan favorite, still a very productive player, puts fans in the seats

risks for:
NYR - sure, every team needs prospects, and their cheap caps, to fill rosters and grow. some do, some do not. do they hang on too long?
CHI - chance to add to their young roster with some 'potentially' talented youngsters. are they passing this opportunity up?

all this is just my opinion, so take it for what it is

IF IF IF we need a star dif maker, we are better off letting our core optimize and add a guy UFA

trading assets not smart here

UncleElroy

Can Stan
Jun 22, 2021
To New York: Kane (50% retained), Lankinen

To Chicago: Strome, Kravtsov, Georgiev, STL's 2022 2nd

Rangers get an elite 1st line RW for the next 2 seasons at half his cap hit, plus a cheap backup goalie in Lankinen

Chicago get a decent replacement for Kane in their top 6 with Strome, an offensively gifted 21 year old winger in Kravtsov, a backup goalie in Georgiev who's still under team control beyond this season and has shown flashes of potential as a starter, plus a 2022 2nd rd pick
Hahahahha. What a stroke

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
just pointing out the pros and cons of the deal... the "IF IF IF" is the prospects on NY's side honestly

Obv veterans are established so only risk there is how fast wheels come off w/age or injury, compared to youngsters just beginning to make their mark.

The "IF IF IF" was not as to either of those.

It was as to if and when NY does hit on all cylinders with extensive depth and only missing Panarin [if Martians kidnapped him] or another Panarin, just to give an example.

Most desired ufa targets [Barkov] locked up as expected.
But NY can go deep in the playoffs barring injury, and wait til next season or following to get a strategic add without surrendering those core assets of which I have said repeatedly, for the most part, we do not have surplus.

And that is a ufa
An offer sheet, while consuming picks down the road, would still preserve our blue chip assets and other valuable role guys.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
The city has been through enough. The crazies are out in even more force, Leotardo has turned the city upside down with his wreckless mindset in running things over there since Johnny Sachs. god rest his soul. Businesses are still feeling the effects of COVID

And now you want the cab drivers picking up people in fear? NYR says no to keep the city from total anarchy

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Kane is insanely good, I don't understand how people are underestimating him. He's easily worth 2 1st's and a b prospect to a good team.

This would be with retention of about 3 mil through the next 2 years.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad