Value of: Patrick Kane to NYR.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Other Kane is nearly 33 with this season and next being the last 2 of his current contract.
Hypothetically what does it take for NYR (could use RW) to get Kane to reunite him with Panarin and bolster the power-play.

Starts with 1st Rd pick and Kravtsov
Assume:
Kane at max $ retained
Chytil off limits because NYR can't lose him without a better C coming back.

Won't happen for multiple reasons but I'm interested in what Hawks would want.

Reactions: Nucks2477

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
oh please no
these are not Rangers of prior decades,

no 1st round picks for declining assets

IF Hawks need Cap space relief, the Hawks pay the freight to balance their Cap

I don't think the Hawks are desperate for cap relief... they've got Fleury and De Haan coming off the books this summer... that'll open up 11.5 million in cap space to re-sign some of their RFAs

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Other Kane is nearly 33 with this season and next being the last 2 of his current contract.
Hypothetically what does it take for NYR (could use RW) to get Kane to reunite him with Panarin and bolster the power-play.

Starts with 1st Rd pick and Kravtsov
Assume:
Kane at max $ retained
Chytil off limits because NYR can't lose him without a better C coming back.

Won't happen for multiple reasons but I'm interested in what Hawks would want.

Find the next three biggest assets you have (one of which must be Lafreniere) and attach those to Kravstov and that 1st... or Fox, 1st, and Kravstov.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
I'd rather acquire Toews. NYR could use his faceoff, PK prowess, and leadership.

Chytil
Kravtsov
2022 1st
2022 2nd

the 2022 2nd becomes a 2023 first if Chi retains some.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To New York: Kane (50% retained), Lankinen

To Chicago: Strome, Kravtsov, Georgiev, STL's 2022 2nd

Rangers get an elite 1st line RW for the next 2 seasons at half his cap hit, plus a cheap backup goalie in Lankinen

Chicago get a decent replacement for Kane in their top 6 with Strome, an offensively gifted 21 year old winger in Kravtsov, a backup goalie in Georgiev who's still under team control beyond this season and has shown flashes of potential as a starter, plus a 2022 2nd rd pick

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

Rangers get an elite 1st line RW for the next 2 seasons at half his cap hit, plus a cheap backup goalie in Lankinen

Chicago get a decent replacement for Kane in their top 6 with Strome, an offensively gifted 21 year old winger in Kravtsov, a backup goalie in Georgiev who's still under team control beyond this season and has shown flashes of potential as a starter, plus a 2022 2nd rd pick
Kane is still a star and one of the best forwards in the league, and the package you've proposed here doesn't have a single solid asset in it.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Holy f***ing shit this is bad.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Kane is still a star and one of the best forwards in the league, and the package you've proposed here doesn't have a single solid asset in it.
I wouldn't say Krav doesn't have value just cause he wants a trade to a team that will play him. but he's not worth Kane@50%

but I also wouldn't say NYR are giving up Fox/Krav/++

that's ridiculous

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
A player like Kane at 5.25M realistically returns 1-2 very good prospects or young players. Chicago isn't going to move him for spare parts and a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: 12Dog and mm11

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I don't want anyone with a double digit cap hit. No Eichel, No Toews, No Kane. We will be lucky if we get Fox in under 10M at the rate he's going. Blowong cap space on guys north of 30 is short sighted and foolish.
The original proposal, and every proposal that has appeared in the thread since, specifies that 50% of Kane's salary be retained.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

Ryan Strome had a higher PPG average last season than Brayden Point, Jack Eichel, Evgeni Malkin, Mathew Barzal, and Elias Pettersson

And Kravtsov is a speedy 21 year old winger with loads of offensive potential

You don't have to like the proposal, but it serves no purpose to be disingenuous about the value of the incoming players

Reactions: bernmeister

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Ryan Strome had a higher PPG average last season than Brayden Point, Jack Eichel, Evgeni Malkin, Mathew Barzal, and Elias Pettersson

And Kravtsov is a speedy 21 year old winger with loads of offensive potential

You don't have to like the proposal, but it serves no purpose to be disingenuous about the value of the incoming players

you're not seriously comparing Strome to those players are you? Barzal's worst season is barely worse than Stromes good ones (which he's had 2 of, coincidentally coming after playing with Panarin)

and isn't it a bit disingenuous to add Eichel here?

Strome IS a good player, but I would imagine if you put all those in the same draft, I bet I can predict who the last one picked would be

Reactions: 46zone

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Why are the Rangers giving up the best player who is a decade younger and a 1st?

Because Kravstov would literally be spare parts in such a deal and we're talking a late 1st. Kravstov does not carry much value, if any, right now.

However, this all devolves to Chicago has literally no desire to trade away a still PPG Kaner. If they're trading Kane at 5.25M, that's a ridiculous asset. Okay, not Fox who just won the Norris, but I included him as more of a "you're not getting him for something that doesn't hurt you very badly."

Want to replace him with Laf in that trade? Go ahead with that. Chicago would not be trading Patrick Kane at 50% retention for anything but a ludicrous package. Not "1-2 good prospects or young players". Don't like the price, just mark it up as a trade that won't happen. If P. Kane wants to force his way and demands a trade to just NYR... I don't see a way you get out of Laf or Kakko and something else if you also want him at 50% retention.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I think they were talking about Fox.
ah.. that'd make more sense

harder apples to apples comp tho, one being a forward the other a dman

that being said, I'm not sure I'm ready to call Fox a better player than Kane. REALLY good? yes.. Kane has been incredible his whole career tho.. tough call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad