Confirmed with Link: Patrick Kane signs one year extension (4M base, up to 6.5M with bonuses)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
wow. I thought for sure Kane was gone and would be signing somewhere for multiple years.

Hopefully having some training camp and preseason will help with any wonkiness of having him in the lineups. And someone tell DeBrincat his first move doesn't have to be to look for Kane every play. Shoot the puck!

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
This is a bit surprising, and I’m wondering if was made possible because of promises Yzerman made about improving the roster further. Like, we’re gonna sign Stamkos and Roy and all the good players and win the Cup.

#WingsCup2025

Last edited:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Honestly, you can't be upset about this. Only a one year deal, the cap hit is more than worth it. Our team is boring as hell without him.
Yes for sure. Most skilled player the wings have had since datsyuk. Joy to watch him play even in his post prime years

Hawaiibros

May 18, 2017
Biggest w is 4m cap hit (17ish mil for burgers/mo/ray) leaves us with 9ish mil for 2 spots + any player upgrades (potentially Gibson/trouba)

Dbc - Larkin - ray (7.5)
Kane - jt - xx
Burgers - kasper - copp
Ras - Joey - Mazur
Xxxx

Seider (8m) - Chariot
Edvinsson - Petry
Maata - aljo
Holl

Husso
Lyon

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
That lacks clarity. Here’s how it actually works:

While performance bonuses count against the salary cap, teams are permitted to exceed the salary cap due to performance bonuses, to a maximum of 7.5% of the Salary Cap.

If a team exceeds the Salary Cap due to performance bonuses, then any amount over the Salary Cap is considered a Bonus Carryover, and counts against the cap in the next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad