Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
You guys should know that rabi just posted a thread guessing Nolan out and Peca in. Don't know if he's got inside info on this one.

Wow, he posted a thread based on Barnaby's allusion to the Jr. Sabres (Peca) and all this talk about Nolan. Such inside information.

Rabi has a track record of obtaining accurate info before anybody else has it. Most notably, he broke McKee being out of Game 7 with the Hurricanes before anyone else IIRC.

And completely whiffed on that pre-Olympic trade guarantee. "It's done, but they're waiting until tomorrow to announce it."

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
exactly.

Unless Nolan demanded the extension and was told no by Murray.

Hell, at least wait until after the deadline...

Didn't Murray hint they were in contract discussions with Nolan a few days back? Maybe negotiations hit a snag, or just havn't gone well and Murray wants to cut off negotiations/fire him over it?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 1m

For what it's worth, was informed by #Sabres yesterday LaFontaine has been down with the flu since Tuesday, and reason he not at PPlay lunch

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Rabi has a track record of obtaining accurate info before anybody else has it. Most notably, he broke McKee being out of Game 7 with the Hurricanes before anyone else IIRC.
The last two I remember from him THIS season were:

-Miller to be traded a couple months ago
-Front office shakeup has to do with Devine

We already know that the Miller rumor was wrong.

Karate Johnson*

Whatever this is, I really hope Murry isn't involved with the decision making going on in regards to it. I hope Murray is doing GM stuff.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Did you guys see Nolan's very sad-faced post-game the other night, first game back from the olympics? People guessed that he was sad Miller was leaving but I have a feeling it was over news about his own position. Just a guess, but perhaps Murray told him he was likely on his way out earlier that day? And maybe Patty was upset over it, so now they're both on the way out?

Good point. The media thought it was weird that he was so sad after a WIN. Nolan has been so even keeled (especially compared to Rolston).

Last edited:

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Didn't Murray hint they were in contract discussions with Nolan a few days back? Maybe negotiations hit a snag, or just havn't gone well and Murray wants to cut off negotiations/fire him over it?

It's also possible a name that wasn't in the mix at the time of those negotiations suddenly became available and Murray likes him more.

Maybe Dineen got back from Sochi reinvigorated and floated his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad