Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

It's incredibly frustrating that this has to be happening now

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If he's in the middle of this drama, this would be third time he's been in the middle of such drama in his three NHL jobs. I don't think he'll ever work in this league again.

Let's face it, he was likely never gonna get an NHL job again if not for LaFontaine. That's not to say he would in no way have a chance but I don't think he was on any radars whatsoever, he himself was afaik not trying to get hired, and he brings with him a lot of baggage, some earned and some not.

Karate Johnson*

This silence on all fronts makes me feel like we just hit a calm before the ****storm starts....making me anxious...

I'm hoping it means that cooler heads prevail.

I'm praying Tim Murray doesn't say "Screw this" and go back to Ottawa.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The problem with that is basically everyone in the world knew Miller and at least one of Moulson/Ott were gonna be traded. Maybe how it was handled caused an issue but given the circumstances Nolan came into it'd be very ridiculous for him to get upset over the organization doing the right thing with these pending UFAs.

No different than Lafontaine stating that the new GM would make the determination of Nolans fate and then when he does goes on a rage.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
no one who wants a job is attempting to rock the boat 5 days prior to the deadline, the more I think about it the more I think this is fallout from Miller and Ott being traded 30 mins before face off, Teds Nolansons stormed into someones office spitting fire and that someone told him to stuff it where the sun don't shine and that hes as expendable as Miller and Ott, Teddy got pissed and went to LaFontaine who forgot he was employed by the Sabres not Nolan and made a stink

completely conjecture, but it seams reasonable at this point

That also makes sense considering Nolans history, and the way Murray kind of sounded like a scolded child explaining his actions during his PC last night.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Murray fired Teddy and Teddy went and told Patty.

Pegula needs to say "who wants to stay, tell me now. Murray's decision is final"

When he gets answers, they move from there. Any waffling or arguing about Murray's decision, and you gotta go.

Have to have someone in charge.
Interesting. If it is something based on Ted:

A coach thinks in the short term, management thinks in the long term.

Ted's job is to win each game and as an interim coach he'll be judged by future employers by this condensed body of work, so he can't be thrilled when his veteran guys are traded for picks.

It's possible that he could have vigorously disagreed with Murray's plan to trade, not attempt to re-sign these guys. Murray's not going to put up with any insubordinate nonsense. This is the worst possible time for a GM to be worrying about his 30th place team's coach, so it must have been driven by someone other than Tim.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I'm hoping it means that cooler heads prevail.

I'm praying Tim Murray doesn't say "Screw this" and go back to Ottawa.

Agreed. Hopefully somebody stepped in and calmed everyone down. Hopefully our front office is intact. I was finally starting to respect our Front Office again.....

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Ha, thought about you guys right after I posted. At this point, all we can do is laugh.

Wrong. All we can do is laugh AND wildly speculate as to the causes.

wonder if this will do anything to the atmosphere at unpucked. Like having a dinner party when you can hear your hosts having a raging domestic dispute in the next room. Then they come in for 3 mins all smiles then disappear and swear at each other for 5 more minutes.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Hahahaha

Sabres just tweeted a pic of Stafford getting ready for the "UnPucked" event tonight....

Comments underneath were...

William Mark ‏@William_Mark13 1m

@BuffaloSabres what's going on with LaFontaine!?

Retweet
Favorite

Expand
Bill D ‏@BillyBison 1m

@BuffaloSabres will Pat Lafontaine be there this evening???

Retweet
Favorite

Expand
Tom Pepper ‏@tomkpepper 1m

@BuffaloSabres Is Pat Lafontaine going to be there tonight?

Retweet
Favorite

Expand
LUPOPAZIENTE ‏@praetorian1811 33s

@BuffaloSabres Is that YOU LAFONTAINE in your NEW ROLE ? WEBMASTER AND SOCIAL MEDIA WIZARD

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Wrong. All we can do is laugh AND wildly speculate as to the causes.

Maybe Murray heard Drew Stafford warming up and said "What the hell are we about to subject our fans to?" Tried to pull the plug and then Stafford's biggest fan as a musician (Pat LaFontaine) threatened to quit if Murray doesn't let him play (guitar).

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
In what might be one of e most vital weeks of e sabres future, we got a going show going on. Wtf guys get your **** together, Really curious who is to blame, having a power trip, etc..

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
well, Justin Bailey's in Buffalo right now..... Matt Barnaby kept telling Pat LaFontaine how Bailey should be the next captain... LaFontaine took this to GMTM and then they got into a fight because GMTM said Justin Bailey isn't ready and Pat LaFontaine said, nope, Barnaby told me he is, so we should do it.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Maybe Murray heard Drew Stafford warming up and said "What the hell are we about to subject our fans to?" Tried to pull the plug and then Stafford's biggest fan as a musician (Pat LaFontaine) threatened to quit if Murray doesn't let him play (guitar).

That happened at St. Francis once. The religion director had the power turned off on a student band because they were going to play "smells like teen spirit" and the music director flipped out

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
well, Justin Bailey's in Buffalo right now..... Matt Barnaby kept telling Pat LaFontaine how Bailey should be the next captain... LaFontaine took this to GMTM and then they got into a fight because GMTM said Justin Bailey isn't ready and Pat LaFontaine said, nope, Barnaby told me he is, so we should do it.

If they fire General Taco Bus we wont have to see GMTM anymore, #silverlinings :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad