Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
My favourite thing about this speculation is Bruce Garrioch randomly tweeting this

"I won't be wearing a Fedora," says LaFontaine. #Sens

Then several minutes later
"I won't be wearing a Fedora," said Tortorella. #Sens

The replies to that first one are great: "Are you hearing something" "What does this mean?"

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Can someone fill me in on the root of this situation? It's maddening when I log on to Twitter and I see random tweets about something without knowing the basis of it.

So there might be an executive shakeup or there's some drama surrounding Coach Ted Nolan. What's the basis here or is this pure, 100% speculation at this point?

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
You guys should know that rabi just posted a thread guessing Nolan out and Peca in. Don't know if he's got inside info on this one.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Yeah, I mean why would you want a guy that can work with youth and knows something about development. Not like the Sabres need that in the next few years.

I don't think he's shown himself to be a particularly good NHL coach. It's not necessary that every name has to have past ties to the Sabres organization.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
could it involve Peca as well then?

edit: I hope we are really making a big deal out of nothing because things have been seeming to go so smoothly lately

Some are (and enjoy) making a big deal out of things. Others will just sit idly by and wait for the real details to emerge instead of reaching and reacting to those reaches. :laugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Some are (and enjoy) making a big deal out of things. Others will just sit idly by and wait for the real details to emerge instead of reaching and reacting to those reaches. :laugh:

So why not wait till facts come out to post?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Can someone fill me in on the root of this situation? It's maddening when I log on to Twitter and I see random tweets about something without knowing the basis of it.

So there might be an executive shakeup or there's some drama surrounding Coach Ted Nolan. What's the basis here or is this pure, 100% speculation at this point?

Looks like the rumor is Murray wants Nolan gone, but LaFontaine ain't having it.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Did you guys see Nolan's very sad-faced post-game the other night, first game back from the olympics? People guessed that he was sad Miller was leaving but I have a feeling it was over news about his own position. Just a guess, but perhaps Murray told him he was likely on his way out earlier that day? And maybe Patty was upset over it, so now they're both on the way out?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So Pegula probably shared a donut with peca this morning and offered him the Sabres head coaching job.

Karate Johnson*

LaFontaine needs to resign. Too many cooks in the kitchen, and he's doing exactly what he said he wouldn't

Ted Black resigning puts to rest the false notion that he isn't involved in the hockey stuff.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
We all knew this was going to be a problem with having a coach in place before the GM. Despite all the claims of how it could work, if keeping Nolan was not a requirement for the GM gig, things were gonna get messy. The real question I have is why now...why not in the offseason?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't get what the big deal about Nolan is. He was hired to be temporary, so why is it a big deal if Murray wants to can him? If all this is legit, LaFontaine did a pretty garbage job of vetting Murray if he didn't ask his opinion on keeping Nolan.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
We all knew this was going to be a problem with having a coach in place before the GM. Despite all the claims of how it could work, if keeping Nolan was not a requirement for the GM gig, things were gonna get messy. The real question I have is why now...why not in the offseason?

exactly.

Unless Nolan demanded the extension and was told no by Murray.

Hell, at least wait until after the deadline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad