Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordStanley10

Sep 16, 2009
Toronto
Overreaction alert, but If LaFontaine is going to pick up and leave over Teddy not staying then he's not a guy I want having a say in the big decisions that will define this rebuild

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Who exactly wouldnt want Nolan? Unless Nolan was a jerk to someone after the Miller the trade, which i can see happening.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This is great.... Next game is a National Broadcast game.... NBCSN is loving this.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
"All the hubbub is over Nolan. Nothing is done with anybody yet, but it's definitely over Teddy."
- From a good source

Combining that with the vague tweets, I give my official blessing for everyone to assume LaFontaine is gone. :banana:

This does not upset me at all. He did his job and brought the right guy in. If he is going to put the screws to a more qualified guy over Ted Nolan, then I want him gone. If true, I'm just glad Pegula didn't side with LaFontaine over Murray, because frankly that would be very possible in my mind.

The only downside is people are gonna mock the Sabres more about it, but I definitely don't care about that.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Wow, I get the feeling that IF LaFontaine quits again, he will never work for another NHL team again. Maybe the league, but I don't think another team will hire him.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
At this point, I'm expecting when it comes out that it'll be something completely overblown like LaFontaine getting a minority ownership share and some titles being reassigned. Massive buildup for nothing seems about right.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
What does barnaby mean by Jr Sabre drama? Peca?

Matthew Barnaby ‏@MattBarnaby3636 57s

Forget house wives of Beverly Hills... We have @BuffaloSabres and @BuffaloJrSabres ...#Drama

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
They say internal discussions are going on...

I wonder how Lafontaine can ever reverse course on this.. it's done.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Fabricated speculation:
The unrest is due completely to Teddy demanding Halak in a trade.

Patty said no, St. Louis should just carry 3 goalies and go over the cap. Tim said no, but then relented when he saw the talent of the local IT staff.

Sensing Tim's weakness, Teddy promoted himself to Grand Vizier of Hockey Operations and fired Patty.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
What does barnaby mean by Jr Sabre drama? Peca?
Could be referring to Peca, or Lafontaine's son who plays for the Jr. Sabres.

Daniel was also reportedly going to sign with the Moncton Wildcats out of training camp this season, then suddenly didn't show up after the prospects camp.
Perhaps being wishy washy runs in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad