Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
"Something to do with LaFontaine" would be a pretty vague way of saying "LaFontaine is on his way out". The most reasonable assumption if that statement were true would be that, yes, LaFontaine is on the way out, but it's still an assumption based on very little. I don't see why people feel the need to make assumptions (as opposed to speculations) when we'll all know in an hour.

Beacause its a Hockey forum and a good portion of the talk is speculations.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I trust Friedman's word saying it's something to do with Pat.

That's all we know now.

if someone in hockey ops is getting fired LaFontaine would be involved, doesnt mean its LaFontaine, his tweet also looks to me like, hey I saw this posted im looking into it

Karate Johnson*

As long as it's not Murray I don't really care. Normal organizations would have clean house and hired a GM not whatever Patty was.... He's always been an all-time great but if he can't work with others knowing he has no experience then we don't need him

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Weird. If Patty is out, it's pretty hard to fault the Sabres here.

Patty hired us a good GM, which was his job. Perhaps he wants a bit more than that.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Beacause its a Hockey forum and a good portion of the talk is speculations.

Except I quite directly said that I don't see why people make assumptions as opposed to speculations. The difference being discussing what might be going on vs acting like one theory is true.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
McKenzie saying its Patty

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

The BUF rumors I tweeted about earlier focus primarily but not exclusively on Pat LaFontaine. Still no comment from anyone in BUF.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Lafontaine is going to suit up after two weeks of conditioning and be the captain for the rest of the season. He certainly can't hurt things.

:biglaugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

The BUF rumors I tweeted about earlier focus primarily but not exclusively on Pat LaFontaine. Still no comment from anyone in BUF.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
So where exactly is the thought that LaFontaine might be on his way out coming from? Because if it's this quote:

"FriedgeHNIC Something is up with Pat LaFontaine and the Buffalo Sabres. "

It could just as easily mean something as innocuous as "Pat LaFontaine needs to make a big/hard decision" as it could "LaFontaine is on his way out the door"

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 20s

Told the Sabres are "still trying to work out some internal issues." But doesn't sound promising.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 1m

No one saw Pat LaFontaine last night, which in retrospect is odd. I'm told by two people he was a late scratch to Power Play Luncheon

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Unless a coach is available now, and only now, I can't imagine the hurry to fire Nolan. Just wait the year out.

Maybe if you thought he was doing a terrible job, but I'm not sure you can justify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad