CFHF Fantasy League Part IX- Offseason Ahoy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
TFG suggested something to me which might well be the most simple solution. We could offer GMs the opportunity to exchange 2 prospects for 1 additional prospect pick. We could have all of these extra picks essentially form a fourth round, which could include any number of picks. This way, GMs have an incentive to cut loose any slow-developing prospects, but aren't being forced to do so.

This is a good idea and very easy to manage. Essentially we have a deadline where we submit our prospect list, like our keeper lists, but without such restrictions.

Suits everyone. If you want to stockpile you can, or if you want to minimise your prospects you can too (like me :laugh:).

Great idea!

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
How about we limit the number of prospects we may have at one time.
In order to keep max number of PP players you would forfeit your future picks or have to trade your picks unless you create room.
basically in order do participate in the draft you would have to be below the number of prospects allowed. Either cut loose PP or trade away some future pics.
This way you don't have to lose out on late bloomers and PP picks are still tradable assets You can only draft for open spots if you have more picks than open spots. If notTuff poop

Stupid idea?
Does this even make sense.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How about we limit the number of prospects we may have at one time.
In order to keep max number of PP players you would forfeit your future picks or have to trade your picks unless you create room.
basically in order do participate in the draft you would have to be below the number of prospects allowed. Either cut loose PP or trade away some future pics.
This way you don't have to lose out on late bloomers and PP picks are still tradable assets You can only draft for open spots if you have more picks than open spots. If notTuff poop

Stupid idea?
Does this even make sense.

I just don't like the idea of tying a GMs hands and essentially saying he can't add more prospects. It basically means that if a guy's already got a full compliment of promising prospects, he has to trade all of his prospect draft picks. That's really restrictive in my opinion.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I just don't like the idea of tying a GMs hands and essentially saying he can't add more prospects. It basically means that if a guy's already got a full compliment of promising prospects, he has to trade all of his prospect draft picks. That's really restrictive in my opinion.

This, plus everyone would lowball that guy.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Interesting gamble on Jayce II. Good upside, but the fact he may have heart palpitations scared me, I had him slotted in my 3rd round (if i had any picks).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My 2 new boys

20140421%20FIN%20-%20CZE%200759-2.jpg

Alexis-Vanier-575x382.jpg

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
He's not a point machine type player and he is committed to college.

He's more valuable in real life than he would be in a fantasy league.
That's okay. Good thing were not in a points only fantasy league then.

And tbh he was the only name with some familiarity to it from mock drafts and what not.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

And tbh he was the only name with some familiarity to it from mock drafts and what not.

I was looking at him, but instead I opted for Vanier. I think Vanier hits more and has a harder shot. But you obviously got a real good player to.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I didn't even look at Vanier :( I probably should have taken him over Cornel. Oh well.

Because of his physical attributes, and with the lack of good dman early in this upcoming draft, I think Vanier will end up being a 1st rounder. If he's still there with the Flames pick, I hope we take him. He would be a fantastic pick up for us.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Because of his physical attributes, and with the lack of good dman early in this upcoming draft, I think Vanier will end up being a 1st rounder. If he's still there with the Flames pick, I hope we take him. He would be a fantastic pick up for us.

You mean with the 34th pick, right? :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I know none of these names lol

I'm really behind this year in terms of prospects... Good thing I don't have any picks this year!:laugh:

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

Oh don't get me wrong, he's not a bad pick heh. You asked why he was still available and I explained why I passed over him and assumed that's what other gms thought too. I think you also picked him where is rated too. I think he was considered an early 30 pick so it coincides.

I'm banking on Watson as being the overshadowed player with Bennet and maybe I see another Mantha type pick steal for myself :)

Mantha beat Drouin :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

TO: OVECHKIN PERSEI 8

DAVID PASTRNAK (prospect)
18th Round pick (12th overall)

TO: CROSBY'S CHICLETS

NICK RITCHIE (prospect)
23rd Round pick (18th overall)