Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
So I'm kind of confused about this, so I will try and break it down and ask:

1. So it's a biological woman?
2. But she may have too high testosterone?
3. She had babies biologically?

So it's just an extremely rare situation? I am reading a lot of people on this and there are lots of claims. Sorry for the question, and I understand it's faux pa on the boards, but I am looking more into clarifying what's going on here.
From my understanding, born with female genitalia, but has XY chromosomes, which then means they have higher testosterone.

No clue where that lands in the grand scheme of sports. This person also hasn’t been particularly dominant in the past, odd case for sure.

Reactions: oilers'72

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
From my understanding, born with female genitalia, but has XY chromosomes, which then means they have higher testosterone.

No clue where that lands in the grand scheme of sports. This person also hasn’t been particularly dominant in the past, odd case for sure.
IBA banned them for being males

IOC only looks at passport for gender. (IOC stopped chromosome testing in 99)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

XY chromosome means that you are a male. Full stop.

I am all about protecting women...apparently the IOC cares more about being politically correct than it does about the well being of women atheltes.
I sincerly hope that it doesnt happen but its very likely that a woman is going to get seriously hurt if this nonsense is allowed to continue.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Y’all need to stop acting like you know what you’re actually talking about lmao

The athlete in question was born female, was raised as a girl and has always competed against other women including in the 2020 Olympics.

Being politically correct has nothing to do with it. This is not a trans athlete. She’s passed all requirements to participate in the Olympics. The organization that banned her had its authority removed because it’s a Russian shill organization.

Stop posting misinformation.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

The athlete in question was born female, was raised as a girl and has always competed against other women including in the 2020 Olympics.

Being politically correct has nothing to do with it. This is not a trans athlete. She’s passed all requirements to participate in the Olympics. The organization that banned her had its authority removed because it’s a Russian shill organization.

She's also Algerian, where it's illegal to be LGBTQ+ in any way. These accusations are putting her and her families lives in danger.

Her father tried to stop her from boxing because he felt that boxing isn't a womanly sport.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
So I'm kind of confused about this, so I will try and break it down and ask:

1. So it's a biological woman?
2. But she may have too high testosterone?
3. She had babies biologically?

So it's just an extremely rare situation? I am reading a lot of people on this and there are lots of claims. Sorry for the question, and I understand it's faux pa on the boards, but I am looking more into clarifying what's going on here.
My understanding is that point one in your statement is incorrect

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
My understanding is that point one in your statement is incorrect
100%
Imane Khelif was born a biological male because he had an XY chromosome.

Any living thing in nature that has an XY chromosome is male.
That is what differentiates males and females. Not genitals or anything else.
As inconvenient as that reality is for some that is just Science/Biology.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
100%
Imane Khelif was born a biological male because he had an XY chromosome.

Any living thing in nature that has an XY chromosome is male.
That is what differentiates male and females. Not genitals or anything else.
That is just Science/Biology.
I only state it an odd way because I don't know what can get a person banned here. I have no argument against what you are saying

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
Boxing is more troubling because it is a sport where around 10 or 15 pounds in pro rank means a totally different weight class.

So if one boxer has too much of an advantage it is dangerous they make all those crazy weight classes for a reason, and traditionally it had worked well for the massive number of sanctioned fights occurring around the world they have kept death and massive fight injuries from being as common as it would be otherwise.

Many incidences occur but boxing is a huge sport internationally

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

XY is a Dude. There's a reason why IOC quit testing in 99

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I don't understand why there are two bronze medals now.

Anyone know why?

There have been two in boxing for as long as I can remember. I think it is to minimize the number of fights a guy has to go through in a short period of as boxing is not exactly the easiest sport on your body.
1722555462242.png

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
This is the worst Olympic Panel I have ever watched on TV. Brutal. Where is Bryan Williams?

Reactions: guymez

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This is the worst Olympic Panel I have ever watched on TV. Brutal. Where is Bryan Williams?
Which panel are you referring to? I know I’ve refused to watch the Andi Petrillo led panel since the opening ceremonies. I turn the channel immediately when that group comes on. I have seen others though so you’ll need to be more specific.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I’ve watched little of the games so far, just late at night, and have found that Gem works quite well, just go right to beach volleyball, or whatever sport you’re interested in, and takes you right into the action , and avoids the talking heads.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I’ve watched little of the games so far, just late at night, and have found that Gem works quite well, just go right to beach volleyball, or whatever sport you’re interested in, and takes you right into the action , and avoids the talking heads.
NBC is doing their usual "American athletes and their main rivals are the only ones that exist" thing in the evening prime-time slot. However, the online content has been extensive and one can watch almost any event live or on demand.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m watching more than I thought I would but it’s still in bits and pieces. I find it hard to find the sport you want to watch. I like the rowing and swimming races, track and gymnastics but any competition is fun to watch. Hell I was hooked on marble races during Covid FFS.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I’m watching more than I thought I would but it’s still in bits and pieces. I find it hard to find the sport you want to watch. I like the rowing and swimming races, track and gymnastics but any competition is fun to watch. Hell I was hooked on marble races during Covid FFS.
Archery, beach volleyball, table tennis, and rugby 7s are the sports I don't usually watch and I have enjoyed watching these Olympics.

Road bike races and race walking were tough to watch. The former because of the weather and the latter because everyone was cheating (very arbitrary standards).

The beach volleyball and equestrian venues are amazing. The person who designed the equestrian cross country course really leaned into the Versailles Palace theme and nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium