Who will win the Calder Trophy 24-25 Season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will win the Calder Trophy this year?

• Cutter Gauthier, C/LW, 20 (Anaheim Ducks)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lane Hutson, LHD, 20 (Montreal Canadiens)

• Dustin Wolf, G, 23 (Calgary Flames)

• Yaroslav Askarov, G, 22 (San Jose Sharks)

• Rutger McGroarty, LW, 20 (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• Mavrik Bourque, C, 22 (Dallas Stars)

• Ivan Demidov, RW/C, 18 (Montreal Canadiens)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
The NHL’s eligibility for rookie status says that “a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons” and “must not have attained his 26th birthday by Sept. 15 of the season in which he is eligible.”

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If they both end up doing well, their votes are definitely going to get split. Like if Smith outscores Celebrini by 10, someone could argue that Celebrini is taking on the tough competition and was therefore better. So therefore Michkov.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I would've killed for Stankoven to be picked by teh Sharks. But no, we had to give up our 2nd that year in the Karlsson trade.

Plus the Sens used the pick on former Vancouver Giants captain Zack Ostapchuk, who looks like a solid pro too.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Stank is coming in with a massive advantage. Has the most seasoning out of the realistic rookie hopefuls, is on a great team, and will likely an increased role with Pavs retiring. Even so, my donut-digesting homer gut says Smith. Michkov will be up there. I think Celebrini will look way better than his numbers indicate. It'll probably just depend on if the East coast writers can keep their eyes open long enough to see that.

As for Smith, I think he'll start slow. Then when things click and he adjusts to the pro pace—boom! He'll explode.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Of course any original six or eastern conference or big media covered cities like Philly or Pitts or even Canadian teams have inbuilt advantage. It would take an overwhelming numbers to get a Sharks player the Calder Cup best rookie award. I would start with Matvei Michkov and Stankoven. I would give Macklin and Smith very outside shots.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Wouldn't be weird if Shane Wright wins this year Calder Trophy. He had only 5 NHL games and is still eligible. Once called by many posters in the chatroom as a Generational Talent.
16 games but yes still eligible. That would be a jump, not being able to be good at the AHL level to being the best rookie at the NHL level.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad