GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I'm sure the players knew. I can almost guarantee they did. The thing is every other country does the same thing. Every player knows and that's why outside of Canada, this is met with a collective shrug. The players are not responsible for the actions of the coaching staff.

Our staff was stupid enough to fly a drone in a country with no fly orders. Our assistant coach got arrested. Fifa had to act. Punishment was harsh. I just our federation would stop burying themselves for no reason.
They watched the videos. of course they knew.

Reactions: joestevens29

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I haven't been in the details on this, but do I have it right that this guy basically said "ya we've done this a bunch before" when shit hit the fan?

If so - what an absolute f***ing idiot.
It looks like this was evident through the emails from the coaches and whatnot. He didn't exactly rat on anyone, as soon as the appeal was made it was going to be public.

I do find it interesting that a bunch of football players who are retired say that this is nothing and that we aren't the only ones who do it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It looks like this was evident through the emails from the coaches and whatnot. He didn't exactly rat on anyone, as soon as the appeal was made it was going to be public.

I do find it interesting that a bunch of football players who are retired say that this is nothing and that we aren't the only ones who do it.
Sure it's nothing and very minor and others do it, but it's still against the rules

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Sure it's nothing and very minor and others do it, but it's still against the rules
Oh absolutely, I'm not intentionally downplaying it here. I just was saying that its interesting. I agree with others that the fact that they tried to do it in a no fly zone (not sure if that's premanent or for the Olympics, doesn't matter much either way TBH) just spells out the stupidity of it all. They got caught, the guy responsible was arrested, and they served their punishment for it. For me, its time to fire those responsible (after the tournament, so as to not distract), cheer on the ladies in their matches, win a medal, and put it behind us, and make sure the next coaching staff we hire is one that will pay attention to the dang rules.

Reactions: oilers'72

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't understand why there are two bronze medals now.

Anyone know why?
It's probably so they don't have to rely on having a bronze medal fight between two fighters who just lost recently. Can you imagine if both semifinals had knockouts with concussions for the fighters involved? How do they award the bronze medal if both fighters are injured? It just makes sense to me to not expect a fighter to fight again after a loss.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
We were the only ones stupid enough to fly a drone in restricted air space during the Olympics. The Police were involved and it couldn’t be ignored after that.
There is a simple fix. Make all practices open. There is no reason for any secrecy. It just provides an advantage for rich teams which can afford secure training facilities.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Race walking as an Olympics sport is dumb. Everyone cheats and it's boring to watch. Don't know how it survives when the IOC is always looking to cut the fat so they can introduce "modern" events.

Have to say that I wasn't very pleased when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night to see that Olympic Golf wasn't televised at all in Canada, while race walking and Women's 3 on 3 basketball was featured on every single channel.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Have to say that I wasn't very pleased when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night to see that Olympic Golf wasn't televised at all in Canada, while race walking and Women's 3 on 3 basketball was featured on every single channel.
Same.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Race walking as an Olympics sport is dumb. Everyone cheats and it's boring to watch. Don't know how it survives when the IOC is always looking to cut the fat so they can introduce "modern" events.
Can't possibly be any worse than break dancing as the newly introduced event. Dancing with the Stars and The Voice will be on the docket in 2028.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Nobody likes a quitter

So I'm kind of confused about this, so I will try and break it down and ask:

1. So it's a biological woman?
2. But she may have too high testosterone?
3. She had babies biologically?

So it's just an extremely rare situation? I am reading a lot of people on this and there are lots of claims. Sorry for the question, and I understand it's faux pa on the boards, but I am looking more into clarifying what's going on here.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So I'm kind of confused about this, so I will try and break it down and ask:

1. So it's a biological woman?
2. But she may have too high testosterone?
3. She had babies biologically?

So it's just an extremely rare situation? I am reading a lot of people on this and there are lots of claims. Sorry for the question, and I understand it's faux pa on the boards, but I am looking more into clarifying what's going on here.

Its simple shes a biological Female with the boosted traits of a male since she has the XY chromosome.

She had no biz being allowed to compete against Females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium