Value of: Parayko , Krug or Leddy waiving NTC at trade deadline or contract swap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Krug will NEVER waive for Canada.

100% won’t happen
Freidman detailed how he doesn’t want to be in Canada at all when signining with blues

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Nurse isn't waiving his NMC for STL.

How about a help each other trade:

To EDM: ROR (50%)+ Parayko (Full) + Acciari
(11.25M)

To STL: Ceci+Foegele+Yamamoto+Bouchard+ Broberg+1st+ Petrov(about 10.5M)
Take out Petrov and switch out ROR for like Leivo or pitlick and I’d do it. Could just swap ROR for more separately. Obvious draw here is getting Bouchard and a 1st. Ceci, Foegle and Yamamoto are more or less short term dumps.

Throw in a 2nd in this draft or the next and I wouldn’t be opposed to them adding Barbashev

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Take out Petrov and switch out ROR for like Leivo or pitlick and I’d do it. Could just swap ROR for more separately. Obvious draw here is getting Bouchard and a 1st. Ceci, Foegle and Yamamoto are more or less short term dumps.

Throw in a 2nd in this draft or the next and I wouldn’t be opposed to them adding Barbashev
Guys like Leivo and Pitlick do nothing for Oilers .

Also, you overlooked Broberg who is arguably the most valuable piece in the proposal... Take out ROR and Broberg I guess and work something out

Ceci+Foegle+Bouchard+1st
For
Parayko+Acciari

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Guys like Leivo and Pitlick do nothing for Oilers .

Also, you overlooked Broberg who is arguably the most valuable piece in the proposal... Take out ROR and Broberg I guess and work something out

Ceci+Foegle+Bouchard+1st
For
Parayko+Acciari

I did in fact good eyes. Super bowl party got the best of me. I’d do the deal you initially put as well.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Leddy is very average at everything. He would be ok if we put him with Faulk as a 2nd pairing that got a lot of o zone faceoffs. However, he was brought on to pair with Parayko who is meant to play heavy shut down minutes. I’m sure as you’ve seen. He’s not capable of that.
I'd say Leddy is an above average skater. He doesn't have a ton of speed, but he's very good as skating the puck out of the zone and through the neutral zone. His edgework is really good and he gets around guys pretty often because of it.

But yes, he's average at just about everything else.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
They’ve been pairing him with Faulk?!

Good lord…..

Look at their numbers from last year. They were pretty damn effective together while getting offense heavy minutes. Krug was having a great season till injuries derailed him and our D corps in general.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Has Krug regressed defensively the last couple years?

If Chychrun doesn't wind up here, I wouldn't mind bringing him back to QB the PP again which will allow the Bruins to keep McAvoy fresher for 5-on-5 play. They could probably shelter Krug on the 3rd pair with Forbort too.
I know this is not a popular opinion around here but I was never a fan of Krug anyways but do you want to take on his contract now that you did not think he was worth 3 years ago , makes zero sense ............

Reactions: FU Shoresy

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Is Parayko not a defense-first type of defenceman? Curious what his faults and strengths are since his return from injury

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Jets will take Parayko, pair him up with Morrissey. Oh yeah!

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think we would have to make another deal to free up a contract or two before we agree to this one. Isn’t our limit 50? I think we sit at 49.
Can always include another minor league contract. We have several guys on expiring deals that oil couid take that wouldn’t impact their cap if they went to Bakersfield.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Is Parayko not a defense-first type of defenceman? Curious what his faults and strengths are since his return from injury
He is. Problem is way we use our d. Parayko gets insane usage as defensive d against top opponents. He is fine with it but none of other d on team can handle it. Leddy has actually been solid when they are apart because he gets normal deployment. But they basically won’t play Krug with Parayko bc he can’t handle the usage. truly biggest problem of our d is coaching, even beyond way they are deployed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetto Sangria

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's still very good defensively, he just gets some of the hardest usage in the league, and ever since Bouwmeester left, he'd never had a partner that can truly play that type of usage with him. Leddy does a pretty good job and did a really good job down the stretch last season and in the playoffs, but he's not meant for it.

His faults are mainly his shot in the offensive zone never developed, so while he has a cannon, it's not that much of a weapon, and while he will go on some rushes at times and you think he can create some dangerous chances because of it, he's really more of a defensive first defenseman, that is capable enough in the offensive zone to get his typical 35ish points.

And while he's decent with the puck, he's someone that will definitely benefit from a partner that is better at moving the puck than he is. He's not bad with the puck, but if he's the primary mover on the pair, there will probably be some issues. That's why at times when Scandella and Mikkola were his partners, they'd have some great shutdown stretches, but other times where they'd struggle, and that's why Bouwmeester and Leddy were way more consistent pairs because both were capable movers, with Leddy excelling in transition.

Anyone acquiring him will want to check out the back injury he had just to make sure it's not one that has a long-term impact. Is it something that's fully healed or will get progressively worse as time goes on, and none of us really know the answer to that.

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
Has Krug regressed defensively the last couple years?

If Chychrun doesn't wind up here, I wouldn't mind bringing him back to QB the PP again which will allow the Bruins to keep McAvoy fresher for 5-on-5 play. They could probably shelter Krug on the 3rd pair with Forbort too.
4 more years of Krug. No thank you. That would be pure stupidity on the B's part. 6.5 mill dollar turnstile.

• Love
Reactions: ORRMAN

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Nurse isn't waiving his NMC for STL.

How about a help each other trade:

To EDM: ROR (50%)+ Parayko (Full) + Acciari
(11.25M)

To STL: Ceci+Foegele+Yamamoto+Bouchard+ Broberg+1st+ Petrov(about 10.5M)
Holland isn't trading Broberg. Just not happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad