Value of: Parayko , Krug or Leddy waiving NTC at trade deadline or contract swap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If Leddy is paired with a partner who can play defense, he’s possibly worth it as an extra defender. Then again him and Mayfield were one ugly pairing that managed to be on the ice for quite a bit of goals against.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Ah ok. That makes sense. Statistically a lot of Blues are not doing great so his numbers did not look all that bad to me. Though, I have not seen Krug play much this season.
He looked off at the beginning of the year (I suspect that he was still being effected by the knee injury last postseason). The 4 games before his last injury he put up 5 points and since returning he's looked much better mobility wise and has put up 4 points in 5 games.

His biggest issue is we have multiple players that can fit his role at lower cap hits. And then we've been playing him with Justin Faulk, and while they played extremely well last season, this season hasn't had the same success.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Has Krug really been that bad?
He is due 8.5M real dollars each of the next two years then 6.5 and 6.0 so I'd be shocked if he were movable and I don't want to pay more than a 3d rounder to move him. He is a small, slow, bottom pairing quality, one way defender who needs massive sheltering and is no longer elite in his one area of skill.

Again, I am not invested in all in him being moved, I do not believe he can be moved without retention the Blues wouldn't IMO consider until at least another two years are off that deal. It won't be terrible to have him on the roster next year as we try for the 2024 #1 overall pick.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Like the wind bullseye! It’s just where he skates to…down season and Leddy is just oil to his water
Ekblad is the slowest dman on the Panthers not named Staal. I doubt Zito would pull the trigger, but, 5 on 5, Ekblad has been a liability, even with Forsling covering for him.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Right whipping boy for right whipping boy. Ha ha.
Ekblad doesn't really get much flack because he'll score with his wrister in the slot which is pretty good. I'm probably in the minority, but I think covering for him makes the team worse when it comes to defending the breakaways and his zone coverage and work along the boards is average at best. He's at his best with a speedy defender who can bail him out in transition. It just seems like an opportune time to explore alternatives given the year Florida is having.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
A few years ago Parayko was one of the most sought after players. With his new long term extension I see most of the appeal has died down, but for the right trade I’m sure you can have a few teams interested

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A few years ago Parayko was one of the most sought after players. With his new long term extension I see most of the appeal has died down, but for the right trade I’m sure you can have a few teams interested
Yes. I’ma huge fan. But the contract is a bit of a pill. Love the player though.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
He’ll bounce back with the right partner.
Bouwmeester and Parayko were money during the cup run. He needs a similar Partner. Leddy isn’t close to it.

Ekblad doesn't really get much flack because he'll score with his wrister in the slot which is pretty good. I'm probably in the minority, but I think covering for him makes the team worse when it comes to defending the breakaways and his zone coverage and work along the boards is average at best. He's at his best with a speedy defender who can bail him out in transition. It just seems like an opportune time to explore alternatives given the year Florida is having.
The same could be said for Petro when he left here. He wanted a whole lot of money and he wasn’t getting any better.

Reactions: Mike Liut

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If Leddy is paired with a partner who can play defense, he’s possibly worth it as an extra defender. Then again him and Mayfield were one ugly pairing that managed to be on the ice for quite a bit of goals against.

Leddy is very average at everything. He would be ok if we put him with Faulk as a 2nd pairing that got a lot of o zone faceoffs. However, he was brought on to pair with Parayko who is meant to play heavy shut down minutes. I’m sure as you’ve seen. He’s not capable of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad