Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Dave Bolland (5x5.5)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
I dont like this at all. Last two seasons, 26 points? 5,5 mil? Hope Dale knows whats he is doing... At least has won the cup. But still. :shakehead

CoolburnIsGone

I cant see how we dont end up buying him out after 2 yrs, not unlike the Lecavalier thing. After 2 yrs, the buyout cost will be $11M in total with a cap hit of $1.833M for 6 yrs.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The more I think about it, the less bad it seems. Am I crazy?

Actually, its better than Orpiks. I didn't think anyone would top us Iol.

Its atrocious, but I can live with it with all the other contracts signed today. All in all I'm pumped for next season. All we need is 2 dmen which Tallon will get and we're a bubble team.

Erick*

With the Bolland and Mackenzie signings, my guess is 2 more years in the AHL for both of them, then we'll see where Bolland is at and the Panthers are at. Unless we convert one of them to wing.

It would be absurd for Trocheck to have to spend 2 more years in the AHL because we just had to sign Dave Bolland.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Sorry, guys. My condolences. That's a horrendous contract. I liked Bolland here in Toronto, but not for anywhere near the money he signed for.

He is a hard working good character guy and a good #3C, but he is made of glass and is really just mediocre overall and not worth anywhere near the money he just got. Besides, you've already got Huberdeau and Barkov down the middle, so he isn't gonna have an elevated role. IMO, Tallon should be fired immediately for this atrocity.

Hubs plays wing.

The fact that Shore is going to be buried in the minors for another year after how he performed last year on a bad team is the worst part in all of this. Just terribly unfair to the guy. And his replacement is even good. At all.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
All in all, this signing has made me remove the rose colored glasses for DT. He's just not a good GM. He's signed 2 good FAs by my count (Bergenheim and Boyes). Everyone else he's signed are buyout candidates.

I will admit I am wrong to the end of time, but for every good move (outside of a draft pick) anyone can name for Dale, I'll give you two crap moves. Think we'll be looking for a new GM next offseason.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It would be absurd for Trocheck to have to spend 2 more years in the AHL because we just had to sign Dave Bolland.

Actually, I don't mind Trocheck getting more time to develop. I know he looks pretty ready, but we always rush young guys up. It'll be nice to let him simmer for awhile in the AHL and then bring him up when he's ready to kick butt.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hubs plays wing.

The fact that Shore is going to be buried in the minors for another year after how he performed last year on a bad team is the worst part in all of this. Just terribly unfair to the guy. And his replacement is even good. At all.

Hey now, Bollands contract is putrid, but he's a good player. Especially when he's healthy.

Who knows if he will be though.

Erick*

Hey now, Bollands contract is putrid, but he's a good player. Especially when he's healthy.

Who knows if he will be though.

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but Leafs fans are saying that the guy could barely move to his left last year.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Terrible move, terrible contract. If you are going to overpay someone at least let it be the best 2-3 FA available. This is a move that gets you fired for sure. Everyone in the NHL has to be laughing at us right now and rightfully so.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I don't like this deal because of his health issues. But here is my attempt to talk myself into it:

• Bolland is 28 years old, he can contribute when healthy
  • He has won two cups, he is the veteran leader that this team needs
  • He will take pressure off of Bjugstad and Barkov by eating hard minutes
  • Allows Trocheck another year to develop in SA

If he can play 60 games per season and score 30 points...I like this deal.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
I don't like this deal because of his health issues. But here is my attempt to talk myself into it:

• Bolland is 28 years old, he can contribute when healthy
  • He has won two cups, he is the veteran leader that this team needs
  • He will take pressure off of Bjugstad and Barkov by eating hard minutes
  • Allows Trocheck another year to develop in SA

If he can play 60 games per season and score 30 points...I like this deal.

30 point guys go for 3 million, not 5.5. Hate this deal so much. He's scored over 40 once on a stacked team. Definitely not expecting him to beat that on the Florida Panthers. If he can't stay healthy, do the above and score 50 points this deal will haunt us. We could have overpaid on a defenseman instead of a C.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Actually, I don't mind Trocheck getting more time to develop. I know he looks pretty ready, but we always rush young guys up. It'll be nice to let him simmer for awhile in the AHL and then bring him up when he's ready to kick butt.

In my opinion Trocheck is better than Bolland right now and that bugs me. Very disappointed we signed a 3RD LINE CENTER for this kind of money and for this many years. They should have overpaid a great winger or 2 and just stay young at the center position. We can't be great and experienced everywhere but scoring wingers is the priority. We are off to a bad start here.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Guys it's a bad contract, sure. But the hate has gotten ridiculous... It's a huge overpayment but Bolland is a player who is going to really help us when he's on the ice. When Chi won the cup, he was being touted as one of the best shutdown centers in the game, and was consistently nullifying guys like Sedin and Thornton to win those series. Clearly some of that rubbed off on Toews, and maybe Tallon sees something different than we all do in terms of the development of Bjugstad and Barkov.

I'm not trying to say I'm happy with the deal, I'm just saying that there has to be something the casual fan isn't seeing in Bolland that makes him worthy of even asking for 5+ mil in the first place, let alone getting it. All I'm trying to say is we're not throwing away the money, we're still getting a damn good player out of it

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008

I don't mind another year in the AHL for him. Nice problem to have.

However, I wonder what the long term outlook is for Trocheck. Hybrid C/RW like Sharp? Focus more on playing him at RW?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In my opinion Trocheck is better than Bolland right now and that bugs me. Very disappointed we signed a 3RD LINE CENTER for this kind of money and for this many years. They should have overpaid a great winger or 2 and just stay young at the center position. We can't be great and experienced everywhere but scoring wingers is the priority. We are off to a bad start here.

Trocheck might be better than Bolland right now, but I still think more development could be better for Trocheck. Bolland also brings some things Trocheck doesn't. I like Bolland and I think he brings some needed elements to our forward corps, but yes the contract is terrible. There's no getting around that.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't mind another year in the AHL for him. Nice problem to have.

However, I wonder what the long term outlook is for Trocheck. Hybrid C/RW like Sharp? Focus more on playing him at RW?

IMO it really depends on how Bolland holds up/performs. Trocheck could still bump him down to 4C in a few years.

Yeah I know, a 4C making 5.5 :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad