Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Dave Bolland (5x5.5)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jan 19, 2006
This may be my Walter Cronkite/Tet offensive moment.

The only thing that keeps me from flinging my keyboard against the wall is that it's not my money and Florida still remains well below the cap.

On the other hand, if at the end of the day, this ends up being our big UFA signing, many surrounding inanimate objects will meet a premature demise via massive blunt trauma.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
What I don't understand is.... Trochek/Shore/Pirri/etc.

Dale, do you have no hope that any of your gems will be ready for such a spot in half a decade?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I will judge this AFTER Vanek, Iginla, Moulson etc signings. If Bolland remains our highest paid forward after first couple weeks in July.... :help: I was in minority on needing a vet 3C signing, but not at this price/term UNLESS we are still bringing in a top winger signing SOON here. I think another forward signing is needed and trade of Shore plus for vet top four dman is best option. NEED 1st line forward today! We got our 2A forward signing, 3C and backup goalie. ONE MORE BIG MOVE! Please be a forward!

PantherCat57

Mar 15, 2014
I can see im in minority here, but I like this signing a lot. relieves pressure from bjug and barky

It would have been a great singing if we weren't paying so much money for him. Jesus. I don't think we should "Hurr fire Tallon" but this isn't a smart decision. :help::cry::shakehead

CoolburnIsGone

Agreed. Just lost all faith in him. Not because of this ONE signing, but because of his track record of being blinded by his Chicago guys.

Not to mention, he doesn't get the good ones like Ladd and Byfuglien. He gets the Versteeg, Bolland, Skille caliber.
Its not as much that...he just sucks at free agent signings. Its almost always contracts that are too long and usually too much. In 2010, Kopecky for 4 yrs, Jovo for 4 yrs, Upshall for 4 yrs, even Flash for 4 yrs. Then signs Kuba for 2 yrs. You would've thought he learned with buying out Kuba, Jovo and retaining salary on Versteeg. Bolland is definitely getting 3 yrs too many, and even Jokinen is probably getting 1-2 yrs too much.

His track record both here and even in Chicago suggest he's not as good as everyone makes him out to be (remember the screw ups with getting the RFA offers in on Versteeg, Buff and Ladd?) as far as being a GM. I think he would be an excellent head of scouting though as he's done extremely well adding young talent to the organization.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Not very happy with this. I don't see how you pay him this much for this long. He has not been healthy and hasn't even been a huge offensive threat.

Do we really expect him to outplay Barkov or Bjugstad? Can he even stay healthy in that case? This just seems like spending money for the sake of spending money. Not getting it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Sorry, guys. My condolences. That's a horrendous contract. I liked Bolland here in Toronto, but not for anywhere near the money he signed for.

He is a hard working good character guy and a good #3C, but he is made of glass and is really just mediocre overall and not worth anywhere near the money he just got. Besides, you've already got Huberdeau and Barkov down the middle, so he isn't gonna have an elevated role. IMO, Tallon should be fired immediately for this atrocity.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
This may be my Walter Cronkite/Tet offensive moment.

The only thing that keeps me from flinging my keyboard against the wall is that it's not my money and Florida still remains well below the cap.

On the other hand, if at the end of the day, this ends up being our big UFA signing, many surrounding inanimate objects will meet a premature demise via massive blunt trauma.

Being a Panthers fan, I fully expect we'll sign our RFAs to get to the floor and call it a "big spending" summer.

BureCT22

May 8, 2014
5.5 for a guy who always gets hurt and doesn't ever produce at 50-60 points. PATHETIC!

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
if bolland sucks so badly, why did we overpay him? if he's THAT bad we wouldn't need to overpay him right?
+ he apparently likes tallon
+ he already got a ring
i just don't get why tallon had overpay like that at least not by that much

BureCT22

May 8, 2014
if bolland sucks so badly, why did we overpay him? if he's THAT bad we wouldn't need to overpay him right?
+ he apparently likes tallon
+ he already got a ring
i just don't get why tallon had overpay like that at least not by that much

dude the guy is always hurt as well. 47 points is the most he ever had in a season and that was with the championship Hawks.

He's been hurt every year after 09 season. Why not just keep Weiss>???? he's cheaper and produces more. They both get hurt so there's no logic in this. Why not just sign Callahan at 6 per. Stupid Tallon.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
dude the guy is always hurt as well. 47 points is the most he ever had in a season and that was with the championship Hawks.

He's been hurt every year after 09 season. Why not just keep Weiss>???? he's cheaper and produces more. They both get hurt so there's no logic in this. Why not just sign Callahan at 6 per. Stupid Tallon.

yo, i'm acually asking these questions for real. tallon should have been able to get bolland for much $$$

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
at least we have the cap space and willingness to spend. we got 3 great centers now. my issue is that the guy is always freaking injured. if he's healthy than i can tolerate it since we're not a cap team, we still have lots of space left. obviously i wish that money was spent elsewhere/more wisely, but we needed a vet center. 5yrs is definitely too long but luckily not 6 or 7, 5.5per is way too much but lets pray he can play 65 games at least. i still roll my eyes with this but ultimately we have to live with it, lets see how he does. hopefully he plays 2 to 3 years relatively healthy and we trade him with money retained or buy him out. i doubt he plays the full 5 years, probably not even 4.

mco543

Aug 14, 2006
Tallon seems like a cuddlier Mike Keenan. Both of them are (or were) completely obsessed with their "guys" to the detriment of the team and it's future.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Actually his 47 pt year was in 08-09 (Year before cup)

Bolland's body wont hold up for 5 years with Panthers

Since becoming a professional hockey player he has only had 2 seasons of more then 65 games played dating back to his first year in Norfolk in 06-07

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
funny how moulson and cammalleri both make half a mil less, and vanek only makes 1mil more. actually its not that funny...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad