GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Reino's Return

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He resigned in that season around when Don was hired IIRC. Not that PaMo was doing much with the Jets lineup - Florida is a lot more about how Zito has constructed the lineup and then they have bought into what Maurice is selling. I don't think he's getting something Florida-like out of this Sabre lineup.
I remember when he was Doogie Maurice, HC with the Whalers.

God I feel old.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
They're much too passive. The dumbass standing still and stick handling until the puck is stolen is infuriating.

I mentioned it in the last GDT, but things came way too easy for them and looks like it's carried over to this one.

This team needs to get dragged into the fight way too often, hopefully their energy line gets them going, oh wait....

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Eh Sabres are coming back to help their defensemen and moving the puck out by skating or a hail mary but neither has produced much except Tuch forcing a forecheck turnover. (Missed the first 12 or so minutes)

Also getting sticks out in the D zone. Not horrible from what I've seen until Florida changes it up and we don't know how to react.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I mentioned it in the last GDT, but things came way too easy for them and looks like it's carried over to this one.

This team needs to get dragged into the fight way too often, hopefully their energy line gets them going, oh wait....

I didn't have much fault with Krebs or Girgensons in that period. Watching Vic try not to be seen is just funny, especially when the Panthers finish every check. Thompson's line continues to struggle. The rest seemed okay but not great.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA

They have no idea how to get through the middle of the ice against this great system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad