GDT: Preseason #1 | Flyers at Capitals | September 22, 2024 | 3:00 PM | NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I figure if they're close enough to being passable, you can eat into that window so they can see what everything really is and know what to work towards. Tell them no sweat if they don't stick. If they shock and blow away, then consider keeping them.

Camp and preseason is not a true NHL experience for these guys, and letting them see what it is if they can keep up is acceptable to me.

Edit: I don't think I'd do this with dmen though. Getting burned hard doesn't have value
I feel the same way on this topic, but then again, this is on the franchise to do their due diligence to see if the kid is mentally strong enough to understand that just because he doesn't stick after the 9 game tryout doesn't mean he's not good enough to make it next year, just that there are things they'd like him to work on and to fine tune his game at a lower level, that being said, I don't think he makes the team, or should make the team yet, although having him as our 3rd line center would be alot better than laughton being there, that's for sure.

However if he does stick I'd love to see them ship laughton and deslauriers out and roll with these lines

Foerster couts tk
Tippett frost MM
farabee Jett brink
Cates poehling hathaway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad