Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 @ Golden Knights 9 - 6/13/23 - That run was a lot of fun!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you Believe?

• Total voters

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Just too much dead weight on this team tbh. That score was inflated Becuase the 4th line gave up a goal every minute they were on the ice. That just screams liability.

I mean the 4th line was always going to be of AHL caliber with Tkachuk and Luosty out, that’s to be expected. I didn’t find they were as bad with those guys in.

Reactions: pantherbot

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I dont care what other think. Just feels bad for the players and us fans.

For me, I don't feel bad about the finals even with the blowouts. Sucks? Yes. But we got to see the Panthers in the finals since 96 and hell they actually won a game lol.
This is a franchise not too long ago that was being run into the ground by Cohen/Viner and President Yorkmark . They treated fans like shit, the game was shit and the arena had too much stupid antics. And at one point they had Panther logos in the urinals.

As possibly petty as it sounds, this run is still special considering the Eastern run they had and all the fanbases they shutup. Underdog all the way and went 8-1 in the 2nd/3rd.

Outside of Bob's shaky confidence, I think the players have to feel good on what they accomplished even if they landed short of the ultimate goal. They hopefully see what's needed to make this type of run. Now it's on Zito/Maurice to upgrade the talent and fix the special teams.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This team will be back in the final within the next few years.

This core is talented and hungry, these playoffs showed that. What it also showed was how much depth they lacked. They lost Luostarinen and the entire lineup immediately looked messed up. It screwed with the mojo.

Guys were playing with broken bones and muscle tears because there was no one else to take the spot. It's no surprise they collapsed in the end, the mind is willing but the body can only do so much.

The great news is depth can be addressed very easily. The core has it, they are hungry, determined and resilient. They can do this with some better pieces around them, no doubt in my mind.

This is not 1996. We don't have a bunk owner and some group of misfits, this team has a ton of talent and skill to go with that edge they've developed in these playoffs.

Just an incredible run from these boys and I promise you this is just the beginning so buckle up, buckaroos.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yeah, I don't think Gudas will be asking for much, as he seems to love this team. At anything around 2, he's a guy the team should bring back, and, hopefully, they use Yandle's cap coming off the books and Ekblad on LTIR to sign someone who can eat minutes.
You put ‘Ekblad’ and ‘eat’ in the same sentence.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
My concern is Paul Maurice too set in his ways. Yes he built a scheme here that makes us competitive as a playoff team but we had many many one point wins and low scoring wins. Hockey players are bigger stronger and faster and those that don’t adapt will be left behind. My thinking Pomo hires a coach that brings in a that brings a complimentary offensive philosophy to the existing structural makeup.

That might be what he should do. Don't think that's what he will actually do.

Reactions: CanePanther

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Also it's sort of becoming a right of passage these days for elite teams to make the final only to lose before eventually winning the cup.
Respectfully I don't think we are an elite team. That's why I think this off-season is so important for Zito. We have to (finally) address the defense and add more depth up front.

We went on a good run and MT and Bob really carried us. There's no guarantee we will make it back to the Final but Zito has shown he can make the necessary moves so I'm looking forward to what happens.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
A few things: This was supposed to be a transition year. I admittedly wanted Paul M gone and Bob sucks in goal. The Panthers run from the end of the year (last 15-20 reg seasons games) and then the gauntlet of Bruins, Leafs, Canes wore them out. It’s brutally tough to go that far in the playoffs with zero depth! I got nuthin’ but respect for the Panthers, they greatly exceeded my expectations. I was at Game 3 vs Vegas and the last time I was at a Finals Game was when Detroit swath the Caps in 1999. Me, I’m enjoying what a great season this has been & I’m proudly still wearing my Panther Hat, Shirt and my Panthers Golf Bag!!!

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Congrats on an epic run guys. I was pulling for you and I’m sad to see it end. Definitely, one of the best runs from a wildcard team I’ve seen in a while.

Reactions: HughG and M4k4

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
2023-24 Mission

1686765941980.png

Tank this pick to 32 baby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad