Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The f***ing idiots in this thread have made it unreadable.

I can't wait until Panarin comes back so these jackass can get back to real work in their mothers basement.

C9C0B570-4CAA-4D6A-B76D-51AA6EBDB146.png Help is here

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I learned in Marketing Research class that in taste tests cold vodka is indistinguishable.
This is absolutely not true, and you can test it yourself with [anything other than Popov] and [Popov] for the low low price of whatever a plastic jug of Popov goes for these days.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Snowblind is right. I hate to carry on the tangent, but good cold vodka should taste of virtually nothing. That's what it is supposed to be like. Any flavor you get is either marketing or impurities caused by poor distillation.

Grey Goose is very smooth, but I find it boring and overpriced -- it's a marketing gimmick set up by a guy from the US who found a French distiller, suggested they remarket their grain spirit as French vodka, and upped the price. Instant money-maker.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I learned in Marketing Research class that in taste tests cold vodka is indistinguishable.

I think that may have been a hyperbolic example, and you missed the learning point of the example be focusing on the detail of it.

Many vodkas are of similar quality. It is the marketing that places a perceived value on some over others. That doesn't mean you can put Popov, as mentioned by others, in a Belvedere bottle and get away with it. You can't. The difference in smoothness and purity of taste would be glaring to anyone who drinks Belvedere.

But, I think Tito's and Grey Goose are similar in quality, for example, and you will pay more for the Grey Goose because the marketing and fancy bottle give it a higher perceived value.

Reactions: egelband

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean vodka is the prime example in where image is more than substance. If I want to get drunk, I buy the cheapest ass Finnish vodka. Doesn't make any difference, especially when you are mixing it up. But, if we were to have a somewhat "Russia themed" evening with zakuski and all that stuff, I go for Russian Standard.

Is Bollinger or Dom Perignon really that much better than that budget champagne? Not really. But take a guess will your spouse take fancy Instagram photos about that bottle of Montaubret? Would she do it with Dom Perignon? Exactly.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I am failing to understand why Panarin isn't playing now unless he has gone to russia to get his family or something and if he did that we might never see him again lol. Like pretty much everyone has dismissed the story, has the fbi seen activity that has him under protection or something, like whats up?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I am failing to understand why Panarin isn't playing now unless he has gone to russia to get his family or something and if he did that we might never see him again lol. Like pretty much everyone has dismissed the story, has the fbi seen activity that has him under protection or something, like whats up?
Look the choice was either he spend a year playing double A ball, or he takes a LOA to cover up his gambling problems. This is what we get, and less risk of injury. I'll take it.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Anyone with a half decent palate should be able to tell apart different vodkas. Preference is completely subjective though and anyone on any given day might prefer the cheaper one for whatever reason.

Typically more $$ buys you higher quality, but not everyone is able to discern/appreciate whatever it is that makes the spirit "higher quality".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad